Casting Call Review Times

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Melissaf

Casting Call Review Times

Post by Melissaf »

Hi Everybody,

I'm new here and was wondering how long casting calls take to be reviewed and what exactly happens after they are? I know it says you are notified if you are chosen, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to find out that the decision has been made. Just curious if there was a more typical review time or if it varied by customer.

Thanks
Melissa
Pellucidean

Re: Casting Call Review Times

Post by Pellucidean »

I don't believe there is any way to determine that a decision has been made, unless you are the one who's actually chosen. Basically, I wouldn't expect to get any response at all for most casting calls. If I'm remembering correctly, most of the casting calls I've applied to haven't ever resulted in a response. I'm pretty sure the time would vary by customer, as well.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I don't apply to them either. Didn't have luck when they introduced them, so I don't respond. Not sure how they work but I never got a response either when I tried.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Ditto on what others have shared. Use casting calls as an indicator of interest in a specific topic. If you're familiar with the topic and think an article on the requested subject will sell in the open catalog, go ahead and beef up your inventory based on the casting call info. Never hurts to have more content for buyers to peruse and you might land a gig out of it too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯