How to Cite Sources? End of Article?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WorkingHard

How to Cite Sources? End of Article?

Post by WorkingHard »

Hi - I know to not reference any web pages in any article, etc. but I do need to know where to put my sources when I need to cite something.

I'm new here - I have not seen this specifically in all the info I've read so far for newbies.

Did I miss something? Is there information on citing sources somewhere? I've put in one article at bottom of article, 'Sources', then listed the title, website, and the link to source.

Is that correct or incorrect? Only one article so far and it got rejected as 'not original content' (is... I wrote it). Is that why? Because I used citations and listed the website below the article.

Thanks for any help, am new!!
Lysis

Re: How to Cite Sources? End of Article?

Post by Lysis »

You can't use live links, which is frustrating. :-\

I put the reference in parenthesis. So something like this:

I am quoting something. (link here) And then I just keep writing.

I think I've read where some people put them at the end of the article, but for web content I think it's better just to put the link after the phrase or sentence so the buyer can copy/paste and hotlink where it's supposed to be. If I was buying content, I would prefer if the writer showed me where to put the link, so that's what I do.
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

I agree with Lysis if you're referencing a specific source throughout the article. However, I did have one client who preferred the references to be cited with a source number and the actual resource links added at the bottom.

e.g.
I am referencing something (1). Now I'm referencing something else (2).

....end of article.

Resources:

1) link to first source
2) link to second source

As long as the links aren't active, either option should be accepted okay.
Hope this helps :)
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

WorkingHard wrote:Hi - I know to not reference any web pages in any article, etc. but I do need to know where to put my sources when I need to cite something.

I'm new here - I have not seen this specifically in all the info I've read so far for newbies.

Did I miss something? Is there information on citing sources somewhere? I've put in one article at bottom of article, 'Sources', then listed the title, website, and the link to source.

Is that correct or incorrect? Only one article so far and it got rejected as 'not original content' (is... I wrote it). Is that why? Because I used citations and listed the website below the article.

Thanks for any help, am new!!
Source citing info from CC's extended writer guidelines:
https://www.constant-content.com/conten ... lagiarism/