Concerned about the Recently Sold List

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HRDoubleU

Concerned about the Recently Sold List

Post by HRDoubleU »

Hi,

I haven't written here in a while and I was thinking about starting to submit again. I was doing some research to see if this seemed wise and I must admit that that research has left me a bit concerned.

I was just looking at the recently sold list and I'm curious if sales are really slow around here or something. The list included a small list of articles that have sold over the past three days. There is one article from 8/12, thirteen from 8/13, and six from 8/14. Surely more than thirteen articles must have sold on 8/13, but, considering that those sales are book-ended by sales from 8/12 and 8/14, it would seem as though that isn't the case. Are sales here really that slow?

I've also noticed that the Recent Search Topics section isn't updating frequently with new searches, which seems to say that there aren't many people looking for content. All of this doesn't seem encouraging.
Lysis

Re: Concerned about the Recently Sold List

Post by Lysis »

It's always slow on the weekends here. The only thing you can really do is start writing. I target a much slower category, but I still write here just for the side cash. I don't sell a lot on most months, but enough to keep me interested.
HRDoubleU

Post by HRDoubleU »

Okay, it's 1:35 PM and, as of now, the Recently Sold list shows that 12 articles have sold today. That isn't much better than the numbers from the weekend, which is concerning.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

HRDoubleU wrote:Okay, it's 1:35 PM and, as of now, the Recently Sold list shows that 12 articles have sold today. That isn't much better than the numbers from the weekend, which is concerning.

I don't pay attention as much because this place has never had enough traffic to support me. It's one reason I raised my rates to make it worth it. I think it's a considerably slow day though. I guess you could track it. Remember that the one writing ideas page doesn't include private requests.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I was told the recently sold list is only catalog sales and that writer pool requests don't show up. I watched it a couple of times when I sold a dozen or more articles in a day, and the sales did not show up.