Struggling with Submission Interface

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cmcmahon66

Struggling with Submission Interface

Post by cmcmahon66 »

I'm trying to submit my first article in a couple of months, and it looks like the submission interface has changed again. The font sizes are numbered 1-5 instead of by point size,which is a pain when the guidelines specify by point size. I remember it being this way previously but then changing.

My larger problem, however, is that when I cut and paste from my text file, as I always have in the past, it comes into the submission screen as entirely in bold. In my text file (actually a google doc) I have the items bolded that I want bolded, normally the article title and subheadings. However when I paste it into the submission window it is entirely bold and will not change no matter how many times I highlight all and click/unclick the bold button or use ctrl-B.

I have also tried un-bolding everything in my text file, then cutting and pasting it into the CC screen. Still comes up all bold. And I have a feeling that if I submit it this way, it will be rejected.

However, if I go to the end of a line that is supposed to be in bold, then return down and turn off bold there, I can type in unbolded type. This basically would require retyping my submission in the CC submission window, paragraph by paragraph, which is a big waste of time.

I'm pretty frustrated. Has anyone else encountered this? What number font size do you use (1-5) to approximate 12 point? Have you found a trick to keep the bold face from appearing?

Thanks,
Colleen
Lysis

Re: Struggling with Submission Interface

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, this happened to me on the last submission. You can unbold (is that a word? lol) everything from a paragraph except the first letter. Then, you have to retype the first letter of every paragraph. So you have to go paragraph by paragraph.

Undoubtedly, frustrating as hell.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Have you tried submitting via a different browser? Internet Explorer doesn't appear to have the bolding issue. IE tends to make your submission look like it is in italics, but once submitted the font seems to be okay.
cmcmahon66

Post by cmcmahon66 »

I figured out a work around for it. I did select All (Ctrl-A) on my Google doc, then did Ctrl-B to bold everything and then again to remove all the bolding. At this point I had basically plain text.

I then copied and pasted to a Notepad window, saved that document, opened it back up, selected all and copied. When I pasted that into the submission window it had no bolding. Then I went through and added back the bolding that I wanted, and was able to submit that successfully.

Thanks for the suggestions/ideas!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

What a pita. Thanks for the suggestions. May-July are my really crazy slow months, so I uploaded a bunch and stopped. Won't see sales probably until September. lol But, I did my last one a week or so ago and ran into this problem. I'll keep this in mind and hope maybe they maybe fix it before then. lol
cmcmahon66

Post by cmcmahon66 »

Same here. I'm just trying to get a larger catalog up; shooting for at least one submission per day for the summer. We'll see how it goes :)
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

One a day is a good goal. I don't have it in me but I'll upload like mad for about a month and then stop. I uploaded about 20-30 and I know I won't see any money until the end of the year. It's always been that way for me.

Good luck on your articles. I like CC for surprise money. lol
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

What I do is highight the entire article and then click on the Tx (remove text formatting) and it removes everything. You will have to bold any headings again. I just don't bold my headings anymore until after I have pasted my article.