Disappearing Public Pool Requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

GhostCowgirl

Disappearing Public Pool Requests

Post by GhostCowgirl »

Hello. I have received numerous notifications of new public pool article requests, yet when I go to find them, they have magically disappeared. I click on the link in my email and also follow the link from CC's author page, yet it often turns out with...nothing. What happened? Some of the requests sound...strange...to put it mildly, and I'm so curious to know what such a title could possibly be requesting. Perhaps I don't know where to click (though I do see other public requests and casting calls) and am missing a significant amount of work available. Thoughts?

Thanks!
LMasterson

Re: Disappearing Public Pool Requests

Post by LMasterson »

Hi GhostCowgirl,

Those public pool article requests are issued to various writers within the writer's pools, who often snap them up the moment they're issued. If you're following a link from an email and it goes nowhere, it means someone else has grabbed that request and it's sitting in their own queue, so it's no longer available for you to see or claim. Sometimes the email notifications arrive a few minutes after the requests are actually loaded to the site, so other writers may have picked them up before you even received your email.

I hope this helps :)
cherylannej

Re: Disappearing Public Pool Requests

Post by cherylannej »

Thanks for your explanation, LMasterson, as I had the same query and have just searched through the CC info for writers, which confused me more than ever...there are so many different types of requests outlined (and none described as a 'Public Pool Request' in the CC FAQs) so I was doubly confused.

Thank you for taking the time to help Ghostcowgirl as it helps me too.