Confused about prolific writer stats

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rtucker

Confused about prolific writer stats

Post by rtucker »

Hi Everyone;
I'm new, waiting for my first article to make it through the review. I'm a bit confused about the stats provided for prolific writers. I see that many articles sell for a significant fee, but if you work out the stats for the highest earning writer is comes out to around $1.45 per article. Even with the CC cut that can't be right, can it?
Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone see where I'm going wrong with this?
Thanks!
rtucker

Re: Confused about prolific writer stats

Post by rtucker »

It is okay now. I figured out my mistake. The graphics are not great and I mistook the stray "s" for a dollar sign. But thanks for posting this.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

This OLD post regarding the 'Prolific Writers' section of CC is very helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9470

There are a number of ways to earn on CC; you just have to do what works for you and your own personal financial goals.
Last edited by HiredGun on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

Thanks, HiredGun! That was an interesting read too. It's good to read different perspectives.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

It's definitely better to charge more if you're not banging out articles all day. I decided to raise my price so that I pocketed $.10/word and passed the 35% commission to the customer. I made the most last month out of any other month on CC. I've been here since 2009. That was from about 20-25 article sales.

Had one customer try to negotiate me down on one of my articles, but I told him I don't negotiate on any article that is under a year old. I knew the thing would sell and yep it sold for full price 2 weeks later.
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Lysis, wow! Can I ask what subjects you write about?