Question about rejected revisions with private requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lysis

Question about rejected revisions with private requests

Post by Lysis »

If I reject revision requests for private requests, do they automatically go into the public pool? I just rejected one and I will resell it on the open market but not sure if it goes into the open market automatically?
Lysis

Re: Question about rejected revisions with private requests

Post by Lysis »

well, I kinda got my answer. It's not listed in my open articles, so I'm guessing "no" but then I guess I have to wait for the customer to reject the article?

I guess my real question is do I need to resubmit to the open marketplace or will it go through the same process as if the customer didn't buy it and go into the open pool?
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

If I remember correctly, I think you wait until the client has rejected the article, then delete, resubmit with adjusted price (if you choose). At least that is what I did when I said 'thanks, but no thanks' to a revision request. Increased the price and placed it for sale in open catalogue.

How have your edit times been lately for private requests?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

OK, customer rejected. I'm going to resubmit and up the price. When I do private requests, the price is already rock bottom for me, so anything beyond adding a sentence or two is not worth it to me when I can increase the price and recover in the open market. This is the first time I've rejected a revision request. The guy just said "too general" when the request was "write general basic stuff about x." So, I passed. A little frustrated, but I'll recoup costs in the open market.

This private request was a 1 day edit turn around time. But the deadline was tomorrow too, so maybe that has something to do with it.