Key Words sounding silly!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Isabelnewth

Key Words sounding silly!

Post by Isabelnewth »

This is probably a daft question but when customers want articles with a key phrase that's geographical, like eg 'widget polisher, Dumpton' or whatever, how do you make it not sound bizarre when the title is something like 'Well-Polished Widgets Can Change Your Life' a very general statement with no mention of Dumpton or Dumpton County even, and out of the blue you suddenly have to start talking about Dumpton widget polishers. It's hard to do that without sounding bizarre, I find. Any top tips? Apart from leaving those ones alone, obviously.
Lysis

Re: Key Words sounding silly!

Post by Lysis »

Isabelnewth wrote:This is probably a daft question but when customers want articles with a key phrase that's geographical, like eg 'widget polisher, Dumpton' or whatever, how do you make it not sound bizarre when the title is something like 'Well-Polished Widgets Can Change Your Life' a very general statement with no mention of Dumpton or Dumpton County even, and out of the blue you suddenly have to start talking about Dumpton widget polishers. It's hard to do that without sounding bizarre, I find. Any top tips? Apart from leaving those ones alone, obviously.
Those requests always make me cringe. For the record, this is not necessary and is SEO from like 2005. lol So, when anyone here works with their own site, don't bother with this nonsense. It's not necessary.

Now that I've ranted lol I've had to work with some SEOs who think this is important. I try to at least have the phrase once. It usually sounds stupid, but hey it's what they want. I figure I'm paid to keep my mouth shut. lol
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Isabelnewth wrote:This is probably a daft question but when customers want articles with a key phrase that's geographical, like eg 'widget polisher, Dumpton' or whatever, how do you make it not sound bizarre when the title is something like 'Well-Polished Widgets Can Change Your Life' a very general statement with no mention of Dumpton or Dumpton County even, and out of the blue you suddenly have to start talking about Dumpton widget polishers. It's hard to do that without sounding bizarre, I find. Any top tips? Apart from leaving those ones alone, obviously.
Have you tried working the keyword in using a 'whether' sentence? i.e. Whether you're looking for widgets in Dumpton or Des Moines, blah blah blah. Pair the weird location with a more popular location that most readers would be familiar with. Either that or do as Lysis suggests and avoid those SEO articles at all cost! :lol:
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks both for your wise responses.
I like the 'from Dublin to Dumpton, widget polishers work tirelessly...' idea Mx Gun!
Cheers