When 5 articles aren't 5 articles

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JessicaMayfield

When 5 articles aren't 5 articles

Post by JessicaMayfield »

Since I signed up for Constant Content, I've submitted five articles to the catalog. All of them have been approved. One of those articles sold with a full rights license before the fifth article gained approval.

It's my understanding that gaining five approvals qualifies me to apply to Casting Calls, but when I try to do so, I get the standard red error message that reads, "To apply for Casting Calls you need to have 5 articles accepted on your account. Please submit articles to the catalog, or to Call for Articles requests to get to this number."

What did I miss? :?

One other curiosity, while I'm at it: If an article sells on October 2, does it pay out in the first week of October or in the next month?

Thanks to anyone who can clear up my mysteries! I can't find answers to these questions in the FAQs, and I don't see a support e-mail address to which to send them.
Lysis

Re: When 5 articles aren't 5 articles

Post by Lysis »

I can answer the second question.

If you sell an article before they click the pay button, you'll get paid for it. So basically, when they click the pay button, everything you've sold prior to that time gets paid.
JessicaMayfield

Lysis wrote:I can answer the second question.

If you sell an article before they click the pay button, you'll get paid for it. So basically, when they click the pay button, everything you've sold prior to that time gets paid.
Thanks for the insight, Lysis! The FAQs state that payout occurs in the first week of the month, so I guess they clicked "Pay" before my article sold. Bummer. Ah, well, next month.

Are writers allowed to include links to past work in responses to Casting Calls, BTW?

And as to the first question I asked: Color me stupid, but I didn't realize that the client-name link in a Casting Call would bring up the interface to submit my proposal, instead of the "you don't have enough articles accepted to contact clients" warning that I saw when I tried to access it before I had five articles accepted.

When I saw the notice in the body of the Casting Call reiterating the number of article acceptances required before writers could contact clients, I figured I was seeing it because I didn't qualify. Turns out I did, and was able to put my oar in the water.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Jessica

Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but writers can now request to be paid twice a month. Click on the My Account tab, then on Edit My Account, and choose semi-monthly next to Payment Frequency. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
JessicaMayfield

HiredGun wrote:Jessica

Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but writers can now request to be paid twice a month. Click on the My Account tab, then on Edit My Account, and choose semi-monthly next to Payment Frequency. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Thanks, HiredGun! Yes, I did see that, and set it up accordingly.

:?: I'd still love to know how to handle Casting Call client requests for links to offsite material. Are we allowed to point prospects to work we've done elsewhere when we reply to Casting Calls? I know that links aren't allowed in articles themselves.