Resubmitting Deleted Articles?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cmcmahon66

Resubmitting Deleted Articles?

Post by cmcmahon66 »

I went through a bit of a housecleaning a while back and deleted some older articles that had never sold. Some of them were seasonal and I was thinking that it might be good to put them back and give them another chance as various holidays approach.

Can I simply resubmit them or do I have to make significant changes to avoid falling afoul of the plagiarism checks (these articles have never appeared anywhere else on the web other than in CC's catalog)? Is there a way to make a note on the submission that this is a resubmission of an article that was accepted previously?

Thanks!
Lysis

Re: Resubmitting Deleted Articles?

Post by Lysis »

I sometimes go through my really old rejections that I never got around to and fix them up and submit them as new. I figure there is a chance that the original editor is gone and it will sit in limbo, so I resubmit as new. So yeah you're fine. You might want to do a quick check and make sure it hasn't been copied to avoid getting accused of plagiarism. Just take a sentence from the original and put it into Google.
HiredGun

Re: Resubmitting Deleted Articles?

Post by HiredGun »

Whenever I resubmit old/deleted articles, I always run them through a plagiarism checker first to make sure they haven't been scraped and then I add a note at the beginning of the short summary for editors. "This is a previously submitted article..." (Remove the note once the article is approved for sale).