Adding Your Byline After Article Appears in Your Catalogue

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TracyEnright

Adding Your Byline After Article Appears in Your Catalogue

Post by TracyEnright »

Hi All

I've decided I must be really slow about some things, and I've only just realised I can add my byline to articles (yeah, I know!). I've been doing this for the last couple of months but I would like to do it for the older articles in my catalogue. Is there any way I can do this without having to add to the editors' burden by putting it back in for them to review?

Thanks
Isabelnewth

Re: Adding Your Byline After Article Appears in Your Catalog

Post by Isabelnewth »

That's funny, I was exactly the same! I try to remember to put it in these days, but I don't think you can put it in after approval without deleting and resubmitting.

If you find out different, do let me know. :?
TracyEnright

Post by TracyEnright »

I will Isabel :D
PoetPrincess85

Post by PoetPrincess85 »

If anyone is still reading this thread.... I have a template saved in my writing program with my byline right there. Whenever I start a new article, I copy and paste it into a blank file. I'll post it below. I use it to track all of my articles and how I submit them. It also helps me remember my byline.

Template: (feel free to use if you find it helpful)

(Article Title)

Category:
Word Count:
Keywords:

Date Posted:
Date Accepted:
Date Sold:

Usage Price: $
Full Rights Price: $
Best Offer?:
Discount Offer?:
Licenses Sold:
Sold For Price: $
Money Earned (65% of sold price): $

Short Summary:

Long Summary:

Full Article:

(Title)
By (insert your name)
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Let's see if I'm understanding correctly. When I submit an article, I should include the words "By Cedar" in the body of the text? Like so:

How to Treat-Train Your Cat
By Cedar

Have you ever wished that cats were as easy to train as dogs? They are, if you know the right techniques. Here are 3 tips for using treats to train your cat...
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Hello, Cedar. The customer is responsible to post the content as it’s delivered to them. If a byline is included, they have to maintain it. So yes, you need to add "By Cedar".
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Ok, thanks. I had thought that the byline is simply the author name under which my articles were posted; I hadn't realized that my name should also appear in the body of the article itself. Thanks!

Edit to add: Does anybody here include their byline? I've been searching through the catalog and can't find any articles with the author's name posted in the body of the article (in the box where the article is displayed as an image).
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

I do include a byline, and I know other author's do as well. I figure that if a client wants to delete it they can, but if they decide to leave it in, it's to my advantage to have my name on the piece. I don't think there's any disadvantage to adding a byline, especially since CC has now gotten rid of usage rights.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

constant-content wrote:Hello, Cedar. The customer is responsible to post the content as it’s delivered to them. If a byline is included, they have to maintain it. So yes, you need to add "By Cedar".
What are the correct procedures Constant Content writers should follow if they discover a buyer has not followed the terms of the Usage License (if a byline was included)?