Job Offer

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cathleengarvey

Job Offer

Post by cathleengarvey »

I just received a message through CC from a recruiter looking to hire freelance writers. It seems like a great opportunity but just wanted to check that it is actually a legitimate message and not a scam.

The message asks for writers to reply with their resume. Anyone else receive this?
Lysis

Re: Job Offer

Post by Lysis »

Maybe not a scam but probably not well paying. I get a lot of the casting call emails. Is that what it was?

If it was a private PM, I would ask them to create a private job. If you wanted to go further, you could probably point them to samples of your work.

But people looking for a team of writers are usually just looking for cheap stuff.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Doesn't this violate CC's Terms and Conditions? (https://www.constant-content.com/about/ ... itions.htm)

"Why can't I contact a customer directly or post contact information?
By using Constant Content, you agree to the site's Terms and Conditions. Constant Content's marketing and services bring customers and writers together in an arena that benefits both parties. You win because you have a place to market your work with no up-front fees. The customer wins because he has a place to buy quality content. Bypassing Constant Content's system and posting contact information to our customers is grounds for account suspension.

If a customer does contact you outside of Constant Content in anyway as a result of your association with Constant Content, you should instruct the customer of the Terms and Conditions and request he or she works with you through Constant Content."

Although the customer isn't contacting you 'outside' of CC, it seems like they're trying to use CC as a writer pool to cherry pick from without actually using the services of CC.
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Thanks for the replies. It was a private email and not a casting call. I was also worried about violating the terms and conditions of CC although the sender never mentioned email addresses or contact outside of CC, just wanted a resume from interested parties.

I will point them to my catalogue as you said Lysis although there is not much there :? .
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I received the email as well. Looks more like an attempt to get personal information from a resume for identity theft purposes to me, despite the way it is crafted. Craigslist frequently has this type of posting. It's one thing to send out your resume after you vet the client, another entirely to give it to someone who could easily be a poser. It could be a legit inquiry, but why risk it? She looks like she wants to steal authors from the site anyway if it is legit.
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

I got a message through the inbox system here on the site today asking me to submit my resume directly to the client. I remembered seeing this thread over the weekend and came back to check it out. Sounds like the same woman others have mentioned here asking me to submit personal information in a resume - either she's trying to bypass the system and find writers to work with directly or she's aiming at uncovering personal information from the resume. Either way, it doesn't sound right.