So, I appreciate invites, but...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lysis

So, I appreciate invites, but...

Post by Lysis »

Not sure if I'm supposed to get as many as I have. :) I got 10-15 invites by the same customer for two projects. I wasn't sure if this was a glitch or the customer who reeeeeeeealllly likes me. :)
Abbamay

Re: So, I appreciate invites, but...

Post by Abbamay »

Heehee. Didn't happen to me. You're so popular! :D
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

lol Thanks for commenting. I wasn't sure if it was me, a glitch, or something. I was on the phone and came back to 10 invites from the same guy. Not complaining but maybe it's a glitch that needs to be worked out.

I was on the phone with a customer and have my Android tablet and Google Glasses make noise when an email comes in. So, I kept getting multiple beeps, noises, reminders, whistling birds while the customer was trying to talk to me. lol I guess it's better than my little noisy corgi barking at the ducks.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Your customer must have wondered where you were! :) I was on the phone today ordering pet food and my cat placed her own order by screeching at the phone the whole time.

So do you like your Google glasses? I was wondering what they're like "in person" instead of just reading the reviews.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

They are cool but not totally useful. It's completely different because it works off of slides rather than pages. It hurts your eyes when you look up at the crystal for too long. Plus, you walk around looking like you're talking to yourself. Google even published something on "Don't be a Glasshole" because you can take pictures of people and they would have no idea.

I had an idea for an app, but then I lost interest in it. They are a cool toy but more like a novelty. I don't use them anymore for anything other than getting gigs. They've gotten me a few gigs, so I suppose it was worth it in a way.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:They are cool but not totally useful. It's completely different because it works off of slides rather than pages. It hurts your eyes when you look up at the crystal for too long. Plus, you walk around looking like you're talking to yourself. Google even published something on "Don't be a Glasshole" because you can take pictures of people and they would have no idea.

I had an idea for an app, but then I lost interest in it. They are a cool toy but more like a novelty. I don't use them anymore for anything other than getting gigs. They've gotten me a few gigs, so I suppose it was worth it in a way.
Glass is 'supposedly' being transitioned towards enterprise users. Would your app idea work for a business use case?
(http://thenextweb.com/google/2015/07/13 ... enterprise)
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Thanks, Lysis. The glasses sound interesting. I have no problem with people walking around talking to themselves. :) I used to be a mental health nurse 15 years ago and I miss it sometimes!