Moving Article from Private Order to Public Catalog?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LMasterson

Moving Article from Private Order to Public Catalog?

Post by LMasterson »

Hi there,

I was recently contacted by a client who ordered five very specific articles with a very short deadline. They all mention the company's name, as per the article request. The client logged in, read one, never looked at the others, didn't purchase any and now they're sitting there completely useless for anyone else.

My question is this: can I edit those to remove the company name and resubmit? Will they still be attached to the same private request order if I do that? Or will they not be visible to the public catalog unless I delete them and resubmit them as new articles?

I'm a little hesitant to delete and resubmit the articles in case CC's internal check-thing-whatzit picks it up as duplicate content - even though it's my own unsold content resubmitted with company names removed. (I'm being paranoid here, aren't I.... ?) :shock:
Lysis

Re: Moving Article from Private Order to Public Catalog?

Post by Lysis »

How long has it been? Sometimes they go in, skim it, and then buy later.
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

It's been more than 2 weeks since they were submitted & approved after a short 24 hour deadline. The client read the first one submitted. The other four haven't had any views at all. With the exception of mentioning a specific company, they're in relatively popular niches that should sell quickly elsewhere - probably at a higher rate than this client was offering anyway.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

ooh, yeah, that's frustrating. I would first make sure that it hasn't been copied somewhere. I would probably give it 2 more weeks and then yeah, time to move on to the open queue.
evaku

Post by evaku »

I really don't think that CC would flag it as duplicate content.. I have done something similar in the past when a client suddenly cancelled a project that I had already written and had a few articles accepted for. I deleted, tweaked them, and resubmitted. This is of course assuming that they haven't been copied anywhere, which, since only the client had access to them, is highly unlikely. The ones that weren't looked at should be safe, and the one that was looked at you may want to search for first.
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I'll flag these in my submission spreadsheet so I don't forget about them and come back to tweak/resubmit them at the end of next week.

Thanks! :D
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

Just a quick update - I finally got around to editing and re-submitting those articles the private client didn't buy. They sat in my portfolio for two-three days after approval. Then they all sold tonight to a different client for a higher price than the original client was offering! Woo hoo!

Big thanks to you guys for your feedback 8)