Resubmissions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kitagrl

Resubmissions

Post by Kitagrl »

Many of my resubmissions have been reviewed promptly and approved. But I have one that has been waiting for a couple of days. Are they usually re-reviewed by the same person, thus some of them may have to wait while the editor is away? Just curious.
Kitagrl

Re: Resubmissions

Post by Kitagrl »

Hmmm I have a fresh article now that is not being seen as well. Seems like my account suddenly got really quiet. Is that normal? I also emailed the site to ask about timing for the editing and have heard no reply. I don't want to submit more articles unless I know everything is okay with my account.....?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

are you sure it's in "reviewing" status and you didn't accidentally get an error when trying to submit?

It's hard to say because review times vary.
Kitagrl

Post by Kitagrl »

Yes. One article has been "resubmitted" since last week, and a more recent one has been in "review" for two days. I don't want to write any more articles until I know everything's okay with my account. :-( I have written two emails to CC about it but no response. I have had five articles approved this past week, so I know it's not that they don't approve of my work. But it was like all of a sudden, nobody was checking my work anymore.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

eh, I wouldn't worry about it. CC posted here a few months ago about reasons they would kill a writer account. Are you new? If not, the basic takeaway from CC's message was "don't be a jackass to the editors."
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Well, it is a little odd that the resubmission is still sitting there, since in my experience those are usually attended to quite quickly, but I wouldn't worry much. The wait times for the initial review can really vary a lot. I've had articles that weren't reviewed for two weeks, maybe even more. I would assume that the rate of submissions CC receives has a lot of variation, so it makes sense that sometimes the wait will be short, and sometimes not.
Kitagrl

Post by Kitagrl »

Thanks all! They're caught up now.

I'm sort of new but sort of not. I joined back in 2005 and wrote/sold about six articles, but then have been away from it until now. Stricter rules now than before, but I don't have a problem with it since it obviously means a better quality site.

I did read the "how to kill your account" LOL and I don't think I'm a huge pain although I did write to make sure everything is okay!