Word Count

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kitagrl

Word Count

Post by Kitagrl »

Is there a way to see the word count on our article while we are writing it in the editor on this site? Or do we have to copy it to Microsoft Word (or similar) to see a word count?
GailF

Re: Word Count

Post by GailF »

Do you write your articles in the box? I copy and paste from Word but I don't add the word count in myself. Once I've saved it, it'll automatically add the word count in so that when I go back in to view it, the word count will be there.

There might be some way to see it as you're writing but I don't know it. Hopefully someone with more experience on the site will chime in!
light87

Post by light87 »

If this is the first time submitting your article, just click on "submit article" then go to My Content and click on "edit" next to the article... the wordcount is automagically there next to the "Full Rights"/usage/unique pricing section.

If you're updating the article, click on save changes... same story.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I think the option to see the word count while you are still composing doesn't exist at the moment. However, it would be nice if CC could include that option for authors who do use the Content Editor. Personally, I do the same as Gail.
Kitagrl

Post by Kitagrl »

Oh okay thanks! I did know you could go back and see it with "edit" but I thought it would be nice to sort of see a running total, because it gives you an idea about pricing while you're typing it.

No big deal, thanks again!