Am I missing something about how projects work?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SMichael

Am I missing something about how projects work?

Post by SMichael »

I was invited to my first project about a month ago, but no assignments were ever listed for it in the "My Projects" menu. Two reference documents were uploaded at one point, but no activity after that.

Is there something I'm missing about how to proceed once I've joined a project? I was accepted to a second one today, and I want to make sure I'm not unintentionally missing out on all the action. I vaguely remember reading something about email notifications for assignments to claim being slow for projects, but I've never received any emails beyond the initial invitation.

So, in short: now that I'm in a project, all I'm supposed to do is wait for articles to appear in the Requests box under the project calendar, correct? If they never appear, the project was a dud, I guess?
Lysis

Re: Am I missing something about how projects work?

Post by Lysis »

If you're talking about the "Drew's Project" project, I think that one is done. The pay was too low for me to claim any, but I received emails when project titles were uploaded. I got one other email asking for writers to claim articles that were coming up on the deadline, so I'm not sure if this person was having a hard time getting writers to claim them or he was rejecting them. I used to see 1 or 2 titles there but now there are none.
SMichael

Post by SMichael »

Naw it's a different one, and still as far as I can tell hasn't actually had any activity. I don't know if I'm just having terrible luck with my first two projects or what, but it strikes me as fishy that there's no actual articles up for being claimed. I can't shake the fear that I'm missing out on something I'm supposed to be doing. I refresh the project page religiously, so if articles are actually showing up and being claimed before I see them there's some real speed demons out there. But I also haven't ever gotten a single email about jobs being ready to be claimed, so I don't know. I'd just like to actually get some work from one of these things, and worry that never actually getting the chance to write for one of them is going to make me less likely to get invited to future projects.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I have several projects (probably more than 10) that I've been invited to without any activity showing in them. Some of them are for months ago, and some are more recent. The point I'm trying to make is that this issue seems to be a common one. I think some clients just take their time, while others have already changed their minds. However, I have to admit that there are some speed demons out there, because I tried to grab a couple of requests that I could see at least twice from a project, and I wasn't fast enough!

You won't be less likely to get invited to work on another project just because you haven't been able to write for the one you were invited to do. Just keep writing for the catalog or for public requests. Hopefully, something comes through for you soon. :) WG
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

SMichael wrote:I was invited to my first project about a month ago, but no assignments were ever listed for it in the "My Projects" menu. Two reference documents were uploaded at one point, but no activity after that.

Is there something I'm missing about how to proceed once I've joined a project? I was accepted to a second one today, and I want to make sure I'm not unintentionally missing out on all the action. I vaguely remember reading something about email notifications for assignments to claim being slow for projects, but I've never received any emails beyond the initial invitation.

So, in short: now that I'm in a project, all I'm supposed to do is wait for articles to appear in the Requests box under the project calendar, correct? If they never appear, the project was a dud, I guess?
Are you using ad-blocking software? I noticed today that if I log into CC via https://new.constant-content.com via Firefox with ad-blocking software in place, no available articles show under specific project tabs. If I log into CC via https://www.constant-content.com on IE without ad-blocking in place, there are articles available for the Restaurant HP job.
SMichael

Post by SMichael »

Word Gypsy wrote:I have several projects (probably more than 10) that I've been invited to without any activity showing in them. Some of them are for months ago, and some are more recent. The point I'm trying to make is that this issue seems to be a common one. I think some clients just take their time, while others have already changed their minds. However, I have to admit that there are some speed demons out there, because I tried to grab a couple of requests that I could see at least twice from a project, and I wasn't fast enough!

You won't be less likely to get invited to work on another project just because you haven't been able to write for the one you were invited to do. Just keep writing for the catalog or for public requests. Hopefully, something comes through for you soon. :) WG
Okay, well that's something then. As long as I know I'm not actually misunderstanding how the interface works, I can be patient. For now :D Thanks!
HiredGun wrote:
Are you using ad-blocking software? I noticed today that if I log into CC via https://new.constant-content.com via Firefox with ad-blocking software in place, no available articles show under specific project tabs. If I log into CC via https://www.constant-content.com on IE without ad-blocking in place, there are articles available for the Restaurant HP job.
Ohhhhh, good call. No assignments showing up when I disable it, but still, setting an adblock exception for the site seems like a smart idea.