Site Issues?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dbvirago

Site Issues?

Post by dbvirago »

Anyone but me having serious site issues? Don't know if it's related to the mass requests, but the last couple of days, I've had intermittent times with horribly slow access. Doesn't matter which browser I use, including one I never go to the site with. Just spent 10 minutes logging in and another 5 trying to go to a different page. That page just timed out, while I came to the forum. Not having issues with any other of the dozen sites I'm in.

This happens occasionally in the past, and I just go away and come back later. Now trying to do something time sensitive, it's a little frustrating.
Constant

Re: Site Issues?

Post by Constant »

Hi there. We are aware of some site issues that are really slowing the site down right now. Our sysadmin is working on this and it should be resolved very soon. I'll post again once that's happened. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Right now the only place I can get to on the site is the forum. I am just doing my articles and hoping eventually I will be able to upload them. I have been having issues for three days. Sometimes I can't even log in, but when I do get in I can't navigate around the site. I am stuck on one page that does nothing. Wondering if there are DOS attacks going on.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hey guys. Problem should be solved now. Really sorry for the slowdown, and please let me know if you do run into any other issues.
christa1024

Post by christa1024 »

I am also having issues. When I try to click on "claim," nothing happens. I am trying to help with these articles, but if I can't claim them, I cannot help.

Is anyone else having this issue?
mmeetoilenoir

Post by mmeetoilenoir »

I'm having the same issues. I've pretty much decided to forget the project altogether.
Constant

Post by Constant »

It does seem like some writers aren't able to click the claim button. Very sorry for that - if you want to email sluard @constant-content.com and let her know what requests (or types of requests) you want, we can try to get them directly assigned to you. We are working to fix this asap.
MandieM

Post by MandieM »

This is the same for me, now...the whole site is back to being slow.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

I can see a public request posted on 7th Feb under notifications and in my email inbox - Alternate Health and Wellness - but when I click on it there are no details. It goes to the requested content page but there are no details.

Hope this is cleared up soon as I was hoping to write for this.

Regards
CW
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

canywriter wrote:I can see a public request posted on 7th Feb under notifications and in my email inbox - Alternate Health and Wellness - but when I click on it there are no details. It goes to the requested content page but there are no details.

Hope this is cleared up soon as I was hoping to write for this.
Well, I'm not sure that's really a bug, although it would be better if CC designed it in a different way. But when a request is claimed by someone, it doesn't show up for everyone else anymore afterwards. So while the notification might still be visible to you, there's no longer a request for you to view. The site just takes you to that blank page if you don't have access to the request.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Oh ok. Thanks for that explanation, Pellucidean. But I didn't know that public requests could also be claimed? Not been around for a while, hence all this confusion.

Thanks
CW
ThatWordChick

Post by ThatWordChick »

The site is still running slower than my dialup AOL connection, circa 1994. Documents I need to review aren't coming up or opening when I'm clicking them - has the site really been this broken since January, when I see the first posts about it?