Cannot Submit New Work/ Cannot Edit Profile

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Bayarts

Cannot Submit New Work/ Cannot Edit Profile

Post by Bayarts »

When I attempted to submit a new article, I received a prompt (that contained no links, whatsoever) that said I was required to update my profile to include my level of education (which is already included on my profile), my area of study (which is already included on my profile) and that I need to select a professional certificate. I am not given any options to select anything, let alone a professional profile.

I wrote in for tech support 3 times and was completely ignored, so now I am asking this question here. How can I proceed? I am using a Mac/Firefox V. 35.0. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Stacy A.
Constant

Re: Cannot Submit New Work/ Cannot Edit Profile

Post by Constant »

Hi Stacy. Sorry, that link is pointing to the Edit My Account page, where you used to be able to update those fields. You'll now want to visit the Request Settings page to fill out those details and select what categories and types of writing you want to be considered for requests in.
Bayarts

Post by Bayarts »

Where IS the "Request settings" page? Will you please provide a link for it?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Stacy A.
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

You should have 'Edit My Request Settings' under 'My Account' on the left side of the page. This takes you to that section.
Bayarts

Post by Bayarts »

One would think that would be the case. However, when I do go to 'Edit My Request Settings' I am simply taken to a completed profile form that give me no option to add anything else. In other words, the links go to a place different from the one that they should go to. That is the problem. I have written many help tickets for assistance with this issue and have been told to go to the 'Edit My Request Settings' repeatedly. This is not the answer to my particular problem. The links are wonky. The page that the links land on is a general profile page that asks for my name and address and things of that nature. There is no field to enter my specialties or educational information.

Thanks,
Stacy A.
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

It seems to me you are getting Edit My Account instead of the page you want, as the two tabs are close to each other. I am not sure why this is. It could be a browser issue as you say you are using Fiefox V 35. I am using Chrome which works fine for me on CC and takes me to the right page. I suggest you try a different browser and see if this is the problem.