about the questions and answers section in requested content

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

vjlenin

about the questions and answers section in requested content

Post by vjlenin »

Hi Celeste, Ed,

Most of the requested content is unique. So, if an author undertakes the request, he can finish and submit the content. What I wanted to know is, if another author or a number of authors also undertake the same request, then many of these contents may go wasted since the purchaser will buy only the first author's request. So, if a request has been catered to, do you remove the request from the list? Or does the requester do that? If u give privilege to the requester to close the request, and if the requester doesnt do that, then many authors might devote time to create content, and it may all be worthless use of their time, since most requests are unique content, and there may be only the specific requester that actually needs the content.

So, is there a system by which the authors can know if any other authors havent also written and submitted the content for the requester? This will be very helpful. I am seeing so many of the requests for many days, still sitting there. Are these all still not answered? or they are?
jak

Post by jak »

Hi there. We have all had these queries at the beginning. I'm afraid there is no easy answer. The customers should remove their requests when they are filled but many don't so, unless they say they need pieces over a long period, it's best just to respond to the new ones. What you need to do is keep checking the recently sold content for clues. This is also helpful for other reasons. You can see the buying trends and write for those if you want. I also keep checking the new articles posted. That way you can see how many authors are responding to the requests. If your piece is not selected by the requester, leave it showcased and someone else may buy it later.
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

It has been my experience that even if the original buyer does not select the article I have written it is often purchased by someone else later on. This has happened both for more "general" categories like real estate, investing, etc. and for some that were very specific. So I would say go ahead and write for the requests that interest you. Unless they are truly one of a kind requests another buyer is likely to snap them up at some point.

I know some other authors may feel differently, but I personally don't mind having a large inventory of unsold articles sitting around. It gives me a good pool I can use to respond to new requests, and it helps me make sales during my "lazy" periods when I don't feel like writing anything new.

In addition, many times it is not the first article submitted that is selected. The beauty of CC for customers is that they get to pick and choose from many submissions. So even if many articles have already been written, the buyer may not yet have chosen one.

Good luck and happy writing!

Bonnie