A really stupid question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

newdrue

A really stupid question

Post by newdrue »

Hi! I'm very new here, and have what is probably a stupid question (with an obvious answer). I received an offer for an article, and I can't figure out how to accept it. I went to the "Received Offers" tab on the main menu. Next to the article is a drop-down box with three choices - waiting, refused, and accepted. I changed it from "waiting" to "accepted", but that doesn't seem right. This page seems more of just a listing of my articles, with the drop-down menu as a means to sort them. Also, it says, "accepted" rather than "accept." And when I leave the page and come back, the article goes back to "waiting." What am I missing? Where do I accept an offer?
Isabelnewth

Re: A really stupid question

Post by Isabelnewth »

Hello, it's not stupid: the thing is confusing. I think you change the drop down to 'accepted' then click the button that says 'change status' or something like that. Then a message will appear at the top to say an email has been sent to the customer, and the drop down will stay as 'accepted'. Hope you get a sale from it!
JD

Post by JD »

But do you then have to go and change the advertised price on your article? Because how will the client be able to buy at the agreed price? That's the part I'm confused about! Thanks.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yes, you have to use the dropdown and then click save for each item.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I think JD was asking whether you have to go back into the 'my content' section, and edit the price there for general customers. If I understand that question right, then I don't believe you have to do that. I think the article remains on sale at the original price to customers generally, and your acceptance of the reduced offer only applies to that particular customer.

I don't know how the customer would then buy the article at the reduced price, but I assume there is a way for them to do it. We don't have the same view of the site as the customers do, and I have no idea exactly what they have to click on but I trust that it works, whatever it is.

I have no evidence to back my assumptions because in spite of many accepted offers not one has ended in a sale!
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

No, I've never had to change my original price once an offer has been accepted. Sometimes the client never buys it, but if they do it goes through at the price you accepted.
JD

Post by JD »

Thanks for the clarification on that. Yes, I was asking if, once I had accepted an offer, I then had to change the price of the article to the price agreed with the customer. I did actually change the price on one article after having accepted a price offer but I didn't get the sale! Good that we don't have to do that step though.

Best wishes,

Jane