Yahoo Voices and an Influx of New Content?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PaulMaplesden

Yahoo Voices and an Influx of New Content?

Post by PaulMaplesden »

On other threads, it's been suggested that he recent shutdown of Yahoo Voices could lead to an influx of former YV writers submitting their content here.

I've been tracking the inventory on CC for the last few weeks and thought it would be interesting over the next few weeks to see if a possible influx has a big change on the amount of inventory that CC offers.

Here's the data as it currently stands - This is a comparison of the inventory from when I first started tracking it at the beginning of June to the inventory last Friday (11 July).

As you can see, between those two dates 580 articles were added to the public catalog (around 100 a week) and 760 Full and Unique rights licenses were sold* - This means an overall, net reduction of 180 articles.

I'll keep an eye on inventory over the next few weeks, see how things change and report it here.

*I'm aware that my figures on license sales aren't completely accurate, due to the information on the 'Writing Ideas' page sometimes being out of date, but I hope this provides a useful basis for comparison.

Thanks,

Paul.
ReneeF

Re: Yahoo Voices and an Influx of New Content?

Post by ReneeF »

this makes us think that the possibility that this reduction is due to a reduction of new content due to lag from editors being inundated with yahoo's spam content
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

ReneeF wrote:this makes us think that the possibility that this reduction is due to a reduction of new content due to lag from editors being inundated with yahoo's spam content
I have to agree. I've had some articles in the queue for review for almost a week now. Articles are usually reviewed a lot quicker than they are currently.
jenniferschneider06

Post by jenniferschneider06 »

I have only written 6 articles, but my first 5 were all reviewed within 2-3 days. My sixth one has been in the queue for almost a week as well.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I've had four pass through today. Looks like a 5 day wait time at the moment.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

I'm surprised they haven't put their foot down on this. Even if Yahoo returns all rights and purges the article, they shouldn't be uploaded here as original, unique content. Obviously in most cases the quality won't be good enough to get accepted here, but stuff getting through could seriously damage this site's reputation.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I doubt it's getting through as original. Look at the rejection section and see that one person has already said she got rejected.

I used to resell my associated content here. As long as you write something well, then it can go up as usage. But I'm sure the eds are busy filtering out the yahoo blaaaaahgers. The spinners and SEO rejects are looking for a new place to throw up junk and this place was posted as an alternative.