Back after hiatus: Can't figure out new submission procedure

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MelissaNott

Back after hiatus: Can't figure out new submission procedure

Post by MelissaNott »

Hi all! I am back after a hiatus, and I see that things at CC have changed! The last time I submitted an article here, I uploaded the document from my computer. Now, I see a place to cut and paste the text (I think). I cannot find any hints on how to use this system in the Writer Guidelines or Writer Tutorial, though. So . . . to submit an article, do I simply cut and paste? Is there a place I can go to find out more?

The reason I ask: I have already tried the cut-and-paste method, but an extra blank line keeps inserting itself below each subheading. I have tried deleting these extra lines, but they magically return every time I hit Save. A cursory search on the forum made me think I might need to use HTML code, but honestly, I don't know much about HTML and I'm hoping to make things less complicated for myself, not more. Not wanting to get a rejection based on formatting errors here, so . . . anyone have any tips?
PaulMaplesden

Re: Back after hiatus: Can't figure out new submission proce

Post by PaulMaplesden »

MelissaNott wrote:Hi all! I am back after a hiatus, and I see that things at CC have changed! The last time I submitted an article here, I uploaded the document from my computer. Now, I see a place to cut and paste the text (I think). I cannot find any hints on how to use this system in the Writer Guidelines or Writer Tutorial, though. So . . . to submit an article, do I simply cut and paste? Is there a place I can go to find out more?

The reason I ask: I have already tried the cut-and-paste method, but an extra blank line keeps inserting itself below each subheading. I have tried deleting these extra lines, but they magically return every time I hit Save. A cursory search on the forum made me think I might need to use HTML code, but honestly, I don't know much about HTML and I'm hoping to make things less complicated for myself, not more. Not wanting to get a rejection based on formatting errors here, so . . . anyone have any tips?
Hi there; I tend to write in Google Docs and put all my formatting in there and then paste it into the submission form and delete the extra lines it inserts. I then write the summary, set the prices, category and keywords and then hit submit. I wouldn't worry too much if it inserts extra lines after you hit save / submit, there doesn't seem to be an easy way around that.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

And make sure you hit "save changes" before you click resubmit when you get a revision.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

I have this issue a lot and even see it in articles AFTER editors approve them, even though I'd fixed it and double checked after submitting with edits.

I paste stuff into notepad and then copy and paste from there to clean up any formatting, then reformat it inside the box after pasting. keeps all errors to a minimum. tehre are other issue, like mis-matched font and fotn size, that also occur if I dont clean up the coding via notepad. I do WISH the editing box was about 4 times its current size, it would make fixing things soo much easier.