Will deleting an article have any adverse effects?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Will deleting an article have any adverse effects?

Post by contentwriter »

I want to delete an old article I wrote. Will there be any negative consequences to my writer profile / account other than having one less article in my library?

I also am thinking of deleting a recent article to edit it and resubmit it as a new article. There's something I just realized I could add to it. What should I do? Just leave it alone? It's already approved.
philipanderson

Re: Will deleting an article have any adverse effects?

Post by philipanderson »

Hi - I have deleted articles and I'm not aware of any problems - if CC didn't want us to delete them, I don't think they would give us the tools to do it! I reviewed one of my earliest articles and decided it wasn't good enough. I have also had to delete articles when there have been bugs in the presentation or editing tools, and then just resubmitted.

If you think you can improve your article, I think you should go ahead and delete it and resubmit. This is your stock, after all, so you want to make sure that it's of the highest possible standard. I'm pretty sure CC would endorse this approach :)
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I've deleted old articles of mine that I sold elsewhere. I've never had any problems in doing so :)
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Thanks for the advice! I will go ahead and do that. Yes, I think if you look back at your older articles and you feel like disowning them, it's time to hit the "Delete" button. :mrgreen: