I got my article sold but!!!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

vjlenin

I got my article sold but!!!

Post by vjlenin »

Hi there, I am new here, and the good news is that my first article which was approved only today got sold but the amount it was sold for was seventy dollars but in my account I have only a balance of forty five. How did this happen? if you take any commission from the sales, why was it not mentioned anywhere in the site???
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Congrats on your first (and fast!) sale. CC does take a 35% commission. It's in the site's documentation and discussed in great depth throughout the boards here.

It's been a while since I signed up or browsed the guidelines/FAQs/site license etc so I can't say exactly where it's located. But it's there :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I found it.
It's under "Terms & Conditions"

Payments
Constant Content agrees to pay Author a portion of the fees collected in regards to sales of digital content submitted to Constant Content website by Author. The portion of the fees due to Author is defined as the Rate, which is set to 65% of the sale price of each piece of content that has been sold provided the sale was not nullified or refunded for any reason. Author acknowledges that the Rate is subject to change in the sole discretion of Constant Content. In the event of the Rate change, We will provide a notice in advance by posting such changes on the Website.

Constant Content will make payments of fees due to Authors in regards to sales of the digital content during the first week of every calendar month provided payable amount aggregates a minimum of US $50.00 or more, as specified by each Author. Any sales proceeds not reaching the minimum will be retained until they exceed such minimum. Before compensation for each new sale becomes eligible for payout, the 30 day holding period must elapse.

Constant Content is entitled to make adjustments and corrections against any amount owing to Author in the events of, but not limited to resolution of any matter which is the subject of a representation, warranty or indemnity of Member under this Agreement, any refunds of any feeds or payment chargebacks in regards to content submitted by Author, and cancellation of prior sales for any reason in regards to content submitted by Author. If a fradulent order is made constant-content will remove this order from the system and allow the content to continue to be sold.