What Does Status: Unfinished mean?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Rosebud

What Does Status: Unfinished mean?

Post by Rosebud »

OK. I am still having the same problem with uploading files but found that sometimes the article shows up anyway as "unfinished". The article (file) is there. I don't know what this means or how to change the status.

Any ideas?
Dorothy Edison

Post by Dorothy Edison »

Sorry if I'm repeating a suggestion someone else had earlier, but after you upload your file, you should scroll to the very bottom of the page (the page that has the red box saying that your file type is recognized), and there should be a "complete submission" button that will finalize the process. Otherwise, the submission process is considered only half done.

Hope this helps!
DE
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Unfinished means you didn't finish the process somewhere... no title, no price, etc

Unfortunately when you see this your only option is to delete and start again.
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

Thank you! That's good to know!
Any idea what is going wrong and what I can do about it?
malward

Post by malward »

Rosebud,

Follow these instructions explicitly. You might want to write them down or print them out.

Enter the title of the article and then choose the proper category to place it in.

Add word count

Price the article.

Write a short summary, similar to a synopsis. At least 30 words or more. You want to give the buyer a good idea of what the article is about. This is all they see when they first view your article.

Copy and paste at least 1/3 of your article into the long summary feature. This is how your customer decides if your article is suitable.

Add keywords and click "Next Step."

On the next page you will see all of the information that you've already entered. Example: Title, category, price, long and short summary and keywords.

Below that you will see a place that says, "Upload File."

Click on "Browse."

Select the file you want to upload by double clicking on it.

When the file name can be seen in the feature, click "Upload File."

The file will upload and it will take you to a page where you will see a red message at the top. It should say, "Uploaded Successfully."

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click, "Complete Submission."

You should then see a red message that says, "Submission Complete."

Go to "Your Content," in the right column and click. You should see your article there.

Hope this helps. If you follow it precisely, you shouldn't have any trouble. :)
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

I do all of that and when I get to this part:

The file will upload and it will take you to a page where you will see a red message at the top. It should say, "Uploaded Successfully."

I don't get that message.

It has something to do with my computer but I don't know what. It works fine when I do it on a different computer.