I can't upload my aricle. Help!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Rosebud

I can't upload my aricle. Help!

Post by Rosebud »

I am trying to post my first article. I choose browse, select my file and click on upload file. Then when I click Complete Subission I get and error box that says I need to upload a file. HELP!
candicep

Type of file

Post by candicep »

Hi,

What type of file are you trying to upload? I believe it will only accept text, html or pdf files. Thanks!

Candicep
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

Text files - .txt
candicep

Hi

Post by candicep »

When you upload the file (before hitting submit), is the form saying in red letters at the top, "File Successfully Uploaded"? If so, scroll to the bottom of the page to see if your file appears in the upload field. And, make sure all the other form fields are filled in such as category, title, price, etc. If this doesn't work, you might want to contact the site admin directly. Maybe something's wrong on your form. Thanks, and hope this helps!

Candicep
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

no, I do not get any message saying my file has uploaded. How do I contact admin?
malward

Post by malward »

I have uploaded two articles tonight and am not having a problem. I'm not sure exactly what is happening. First of all when you submit, enter the title, category, fee you are asking and the long and short summaries. Then click "browse." Choose the article you want to upload and double click. Then hit "upload file." When the page refreshes, it should say "successfully uploaded," or something similar. Once that is complete, scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the "submit" button.

Hope this helps. If you still have trouble, contact Chris at support@constant-content.com
candicep

Tutorial

Post by candicep »

There's also a Writer's Tutorial at the link below. This might help to see if you're missing anything.....

http://www.constant-content.com/?area=writertutorial

Candicep
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

Thanks! I am going to try it again.
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

Still no luck. I have emailed admin. Thanks for the suggestions!
malward

Post by malward »

Rosebud,

Did you follow Candice's link to the tutorial? The submission process is very simple. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to upload your articles. Maybe Chris can figure it out. Have patience until he can rectify the matter. Thanks :)
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

Yes, I have read the instructions in the tutorial several time now thinking I must have missed SOMETHING. I'm not sure what the problem is. I choose browse and elect my file. The file name appears in the box and I chhose upload file. It acts like something happens, takes me to the top of the screen, but doen't give me any message that files have uploaded or a list of uploaded files. I click on "complete submission" and get a message saying I need to upload a file first. I'm baffled.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Maybe some virus protection software is stopping it? I'm not sure... Once you upload you should see the file listed that you uploaded. Are you seeing this?
malward

Post by malward »

Check your pop-up blocker. If it is on, turn it off and try again.
Rosebud

Post by Rosebud »

Thanks! I just tried it with the pop up blocker off, but I got the same results.
malward

Post by malward »

Rosebud, Try shutting off you pop-up block and disabling your virus protection just while you upload the article and see if that works. I hope someone else has some ideas because I'm running out of them. :(