Method of Payment

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

J. A. Young

Method of Payment

Post by J. A. Young »

Hi--I should be getting a check soon, but it will be my first; I finally met the threshold! I know CC generally pays the 1st of each month, but I've read in other posts that payments are made more often. Is this for paypal authors? I prefer to be paid via snail mail, but what does CC prefer? What's the general gist of the payment routine? --J.A.
Lizaj

Post by Lizaj »

Last month C-C paid their last snail mail payment and all authors are to be paypal now. Congratulations on meeting your threshold!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We are going to switch to PayPal only soon, its a huge hassle for checks to be sent out. Right now we pay weekly via PayPal and monthly via check.

If you switch to PayPal I’ll get your payment out tonight :)
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I'll try to get set up--any recommendations for a quick and easy way to get going with Paypal? I should have done this long ago, but at least now I have a good reason. So are there to be no more checks via the mail?
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Ok--Done. I just set up a paypal account and it was fairly simple. Looking forward to getting paid!
psharmon

Post by psharmon »

Regarding Paypal, I just quickly set up an account. I'm assuming that all I need to give to you to get paid is the email address I gave to paypal. Am I correct in assuming this? I've never done it before and am not very computer literate..lol. Last month I received a check and it would come in handy to get paid during the month, as well.

Thanks for your reply.
Penny
constant-content
Site Admin

Yes... Your PayPal account is your email address, so just change that in your settings.

Thanks
EmpireWF

Post by EmpireWF »

Via paypal, how often (or what day) during the week does CC send out payments?

I too just reached my payment threshold :)
another_mother

Post by another_mother »

I've never had to wait long.

~Sherry (another_mother)
susie

Congrats to you all about meeting your threshold!

Post by susie »

I did too. Whohoo!Just today and I'm really excited about it! Thanks very much for a great site.

Warm regards, Susie :)
Eric Maus

Post by Eric Maus »

I am a bit confused here. I was under the impression that I could still receive my check via snail mail, seeing as how I don't have PayPal. Do I absolutely have to sign up for PayPal now?

Also, if I do, which PayPal account do I sign up for? I noticed that you have a few different options when you sign up. Does it matter?
constant-content
Site Admin

You don't have to yet but you will soon, we haven't decided the date we will be switching completely. As for the account type, all you needs is a PayPal "Personal Account".
Zack

Post by Zack »

I'm not sure I understand this PayPal business. I think it is more of a hassel, and I'd rather receive checks, but that's just my opinion.

Can one receive payments without entering a bank account?
Dorothy Edison

Post by Dorothy Edison »

Paypal is not a hassle. It allows you to get paid immediately in whatever form you want--direct deposit, check form, etc. It is also easier for CC, having to pay 100's of authors at various intervals.

Yes, you have to enter a bank account.

DE
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

I entered a bank account, but I've never gotten it varified... and I have no problem sending or receiving payments to or from people online.... Just to let you know. I can't get the money sent to my bank though, unless I get varified... but I usually just end up spending it all on EBay anyways lol :P