Does one have to include title and byline in Content Editor?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kassiesamp

Does one have to include title and byline in Content Editor?

Post by kassiesamp »

Hi,
Do the title and byline need to be included in the Content Editor in the new submission form? Or are people only inserting their text in the Content Editor and leaving the title and byline to automatically display on the SEO preview page? Or putting their "By" Line at the top of the Content Editor and then their text?? I would really appreciate advice on this point from those experienced with the new submission form system.

kassiesamp Posts: 10Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:32 am
LauraGinn

Re: Does one have to include title and byline in Content Edi

Post by LauraGinn »

If you don't include the title in the content editor then when the client downloads the article, the title isn't visible as anything other than the name of the document. I have worked with a client who buys a lot of content through this site (it's how I found it), and when he sends me hundreds of posts without titles in them, it drives me insane. Constant Content seem to accept articles whether the title is in the content editor or not, but as a buyer, I think it's always best when the title is included.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Oh really? That's interesting. I always just put my article's body in the editor and figured the buyer had access to the title as text. This is not true?
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Unfortunately that hasn't been the case since the new system was launched a month or so ago. Now, if you don't place the title into the content editor, when the client downloads a document, the title only appears as the save name of the document. The actual text starts at the first paragraph. I'm not sure if this makes sense? Basically the title isn't in the Word document itself unless you place it into the content editor.

Constant Content don't seem to mind either way - I've seen posts with the title in and without. But, when you buy and download a lot of articles from this site, and have to physically write the title into each one, it can get a bit tiresome.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

It does make sense. I will include the title in the content editor. That would be a bit of an inconvenience and easy enough for me to remedy!
PeterWriting

Post by PeterWriting »

In a recently submitted article I forgot to include the title and byline in the content box as I had previously been doing and Constant Content told me to include them in the content box (along with a minor correction I had to make).
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Peter, I had the same revision request too! I guess they want us to do it, so I try to remember to include the title now in the content.
kassiesamp

Post by kassiesamp »

Hi,
How do you put the byline in? CC"s instructions say don't put it in the title line and when I have put the byline on the next line, as per Celeste Stewart's template, a paragraph space is now created in the new Content Editor format. This big space looks a bit odd to me so in the end I have only included the title.
jak

Post by jak »

If you don't put in your byline, you are giving permission to buyers not to include it when they buy usage or unique rights.