Rejection for Formatting

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LauraGinn

Rejection for Formatting

Post by LauraGinn »

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me?

I've been submitting a large amount of unwanted content recently and most of it is going straight through. I've had over 100 articles accepted and not had a problem with formatting. Today however I have received a rejection with the following description:
Be sure to uniformly format throughout and use proper subheadings. Thanks.
This article is laid out in the same way as the ones before it so I'm completely confused. Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks,
Laura
LauraGinn

Re: Rejection for Formatting

Post by LauraGinn »

Sorry to post again, but does anyone have any idea what the rejection message could mean. Have any of you had a similar rejection, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Not sure cuz I don't know how it's formatted. Maybe make sure subheads are all bold?
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

All of the subheadings are bold :/ It's so confusing - it's in the same layout as all of my other posts.
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

No idea. If it were me, I'd just submit again and in the notes to the editor say that you don't understand the rejection because all the formatting is showing up fine on your end. If you ask for more clarification on an issue like that, they'll usually give it.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

umm, check line spacings are all consistent? Something odd sometimes seems to happen with them between the word doc and the editor....Otherwise I think you'd have to bravely go and post a sample!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I'd be happy to post a sample but I'm not sure I would be able to - 1 because it may cause Copyscape issues, and 2 because the issue seems to be with the formatting in the content box.

What I think I am going to do is rewrite the subheadings and resubmit the post, leaving the editor a comment saying I don't understand what is wrong with the formatting. Hopefully they won't penalise me for resubmitting as I have tried to seek help.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes that's true: any problems might not show up, and anyway you'd have to post the article as a whole because it sounds as though the problem may be a small inconsistency somewhere. The reference to 'uniformly' sounds as though they may have spotted a place or two where something like spacing is slightly different from the rest of the article.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Thanks for your help. I reposted the article into the content editor from Word and made the usual changes and it has now been accepted. I'm still not sure what the issue was but at least it's passed inspection now :D