About spacing paragraphs and featured articles.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

About spacing paragraphs and featured articles.

Post by contentwriter »

Hi. I'm new here!

There's something in the instructions that I don't quite understand. It says paragraphs should be single spaced in 12 Times New Roman or Arial, and double spaced between paragraphs. Does that mean I hit the return key twice when starting a new paragraph? Or do I adjust the line height so there's extra space between the top of the new paragraph and the bottom of the old one? I'm guessing I just hit the enter key twice.

Also I read that CC takes care of the article marketing once an article is approved. I know they select featured articles for each author. What happens to articles that aren't featured? Will buyers still be able to see all of them, or will we even know?
Lysis

Re: About spacing paragraphs and featured articles.

Post by Lysis »

In Word, you have to remove the spacing altogether, so when you do spacebar twice it's a double line. It's in the "Paragraph" section ribbon and it's the last option that says "Remove spacing between paragraph."

Incidentally, I found that when you do that you don't have to do any editing/spacing in the preview text box, which is convenient.

But, if you don't remove the spacing, the article will go through without clicking spacebar twice, because Word automatically double-spaces the paragraphs for you. However, you have to add the extra spacing when you copy/paste the excerpt into the submit article form.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Thank you, Lysis. I will try that.
LauraD

Post by LauraD »

contentwriter wrote:Hi. I'm new here!

There's something in the instructions that I don't quite understand. It says paragraphs should be single spaced in 12 Times New Roman or Arial, and double spaced between paragraphs. Does that mean I hit the return key twice when starting a new paragraph? Or do I adjust the line height so there's extra space between the top of the new paragraph and the bottom of the old one? I'm guessing I just hit the enter key twice.

Also I read that CC takes care of the article marketing once an article is approved. I know they select featured articles for each author. What happens to articles that aren't featured? Will buyers still be able to see all of them, or will we even know?

Welcome to Constant Content, contentwriter! I'm fairly new here, too. I've found Lysis to be one of the most helpful folks around here, and very sharing with her knowledge, which is always spot-on. And friendly, too. :D which is NOT to say that I've met anyone who doesn't fit that description, Lysis is just extra-helpful in the forums.

Best of luck to you! I sold one article almost right away for $80 ($52 for me), and I haven't sold anything since. As Lysis advised me, write regularly and submit often: the sales will come, don't get discouraged. Welcome again--I hope you find success here, too! --LDS
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I haven't had good luck this month, but I'm working full time again and can only do work on weekends or fridays. I have other writing places too, so I can't do my 1-2 average a day. :( But, I think if you did at least 2/day here, you'd do pretty ok.

It does help a lot to be consistent.