April Fools' Joke?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ZacP

April Fools' Joke?

Post by ZacP »

Hello All,

I posted an article back in August 2012. Because of the excessive review time of 8 days for 300 words I decided to pursue other venues for my writing and forgot about Content Content. Yesterday, 4/1, I received 2 e-mails, one around 6:00 pm and another at 8:00 pm, both informing me that my article sold.

I checked my account this morning and was pleased to see that it sold full rights for $35, my take being $22.75. the article was in the sold section and the amount due was on account status.

Ready to give Constant Content another shot and looking for article ideas I logged back in this evening. Now my account status shows $0 and my article is no longer in sold section, nothing in PayPal that I wasn't already expecting either.

Was this a practical joke?

I apologize for any oddities, posting from my phone.

Thanks in advance.
ChrisBlank

Re: April Fools' Joke?

Post by ChrisBlank »

I had the same thing happen to me today, so I don't think it's an April Fool's joke, but it is apparently a glitch in the system. In my case, the article now shows that it is in "waiting" status, which is discouraging to me. I've had articles remain in waiting status for days or even weeks before they were finally purchased, often missing the cutoff date for at least one payout. In other cases I have had articles remain in "waiting" status for an indeterminate length of time and then return to "view" status, which means that the customer changed his or her mind? The payment failed? In either case, it means no sale. I am hoping that in this case that the "waiting" status results in a real sale, hopefully before the 15th of this month.
alyne

Post by alyne »

The same thing happened to me this morning, and as it's no longer April 1st, I'm pretty sure it isn't a joke.

I don't understand why two emails were sent for the same article, claiming that it had sold? I checked "My content" and the article in question is in "waiting" status. Does CC normally send emails saying an article has sold when it's still "waiting"? Or do they usually wait until the article is actually sold before sending a sold email?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Sometimes someone will use a fraudulent credit card or PayPal account to buy a bunch of articles. Once discovered, those supposedly sold articles usually revert back and the money pulled back out of our accounts.
Leese

Post by Leese »

The same thing happened to me on one of my articles.
My main concern is that it was in "sold" status, and the money in my account, twice before reverting. Does this mean the person who fraudulently purchased the article received it before fraud was discovered, or is there a waiting period before articles are received?
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

Sigh. I guess in a way it *was* an April Fool's joke. My "waiting" article has gone back to "view" status. I guess my article was part of the fraudster's shopping spree this time around. Somehow I don't feel amused. :x
Celeste Stewart wrote:Sometimes someone will use a fraudulent credit card or PayPal account to buy a bunch of articles. Once discovered, those supposedly sold articles usually revert back and the money pulled back out of our accounts.
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I had that excitement too - 2 emails, a "waiting" notification and a non-sale. Hope it wasn't a pirate.