Latest Content Added

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JerryGarner

Latest Content Added

Post by JerryGarner »

On the front page, it says "Latest Content Added". However, I routinely see the same content cycled on that page over and over. Unless the same authors are repeatedly submitting the same content, this can not possibly be the most recent content.

Why don't you just really show the latest content added?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I don't think anything's been added in the last day or so.

Sometimes you'll see something new, then it will disappear and you'll see a "re-run." That's because the newer article has sold and has been removed. Therefore the latest content is a re-run as it has moved back up to the top again.

Also you may see resubmissions from time to time. This weekend, I kept re-subbing one particular article, deleting it, and resubbing (it's a long story and sorry Ed and Writewell) so you may have seen that one coming and going though that sort of thing is fairly rare.
JerryGarner

Post by JerryGarner »

That's a reasonable explanation, but I dont think it is what is happening here. For example, I've been seeing Sarah81's article about performing a clean install of Windows XP almost since I first joined CC. If you click on her name to pull up the list of articles she has written, she has written two additional articles since that one, yet neither of those are listed as "Latest Content". Heck, I have written myself since then but I've never been the Latest Content.

I think it's more along the lines of specific content being selected to be displayed, and being mislabeled as the "Latest".
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! There was a post that mentioned that articles are sometimes approved out of order (out of necessity.) Since the latest articles are the ones that have been submitted most recently, some articles are going to sit on that page of latest content for quite a while before something else takes its place. Although I have had articles spotlighted on the latest content page, I have also had some that never did. Plus, you need to take into account the category that has been selected for the article. I hope this helps to explain it.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Actually, the Sarah81 "How to perform clean install" is a tutorial and placed in the tutorial category rather than the more popular article category. That is the difference. Her more recent submissions are all articles. Not too many people actually submit tutorials so I believe that is the effect you are seeing. CC lists recent content under the following categories:
Articles
Reviews
Tutorials
Blog entries
Private request

Articles and private requests are the most commonly submitted and you'll see more rotations going through in those sections. I bet if you write a tutorial and choose tutorial as the main category, you'll pop up on the recent board and displace Sarah81 :)
Annetta Holmes

Post by Annetta Holmes »

I had a blog article sit on the front page for a few days but I've never seen one of my articles.
The article category is really popular.

Not many tutorials are written so I think that's why it just sits.