I think I did a bad thing.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kestrel

I think I did a bad thing.

Post by kestrel »

I'm brand new here. I have submitted my first 3 articles for review and now I wait.......and as I am waiting and reading through dozens and dozens of forum thread I realize that I wrote my articles like any normal human being would - I indented each paragraph. In reading the guidelines I didn't see any advice to the contrary.

But then I found a forum post that mentioned NOT indenting paragraphs. And now I am afraid my articles will all be rejected and I'll be suspended before I ever get started.
SJHillman

Re: I think I did a bad thing.

Post by SJHillman »

I wouldn't worry about being suspended for something like paragraph indentations. You may be rejected for it, but then you can correct it and resubmit. Suspensions for a single or even a few rejections are usually the result of sentences like "I liek speerfishing an I think everyone shuld go try it cuz its really cool if u speerfish." The other quick way to suspension is to keep resubmitting an article without correcting whatever the editors rejected it for originally.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Since they haven't been accepted or rejected yet, you can go in and edit your submission. First, correct the formatting of your original document. Next, go into My Account > My Content and click on Edit. Copy and paste the corrected document into the long summary. Save. You're not done yet. Scroll down to the section where the attachment is listed. Click Remove Document and confirm. Return and choose Choose File. Choose your recently corrected document and then click Upload & Attach. Confirm your choices as prompted.
kestrel

Post by kestrel »

Thanks, Celeste! I fixed all 3 articles. Now back to biting my nails. I am paranoid about rejection.
kestrel

Post by kestrel »

They must hate me. 4 days and no response on my first 3 articles.

(sniff)
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Don't worry! Long review times are normal sometimes, depending on how much work the editors have. My articles have also been in queue for 4 days or so. Just keep working on new ideas to submit once you've gotten a response.
Last edited by mnicol22 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kestrel

Post by kestrel »

I'm afraid to start writing anything else for fear of tempting fate. Until they decide I am qualified to write here, I think I'd best hold off on getting my hopes up.
stelle

Post by stelle »

I'm in the same boat! I submitted on Monday and am still waiting. I have four more ready to be submitted. I figure I'll submit 2 more every time one gets accepted. But for now, I won't write any new ones until I see that everything's ok.

Unrelated question: is it typical for posts here to be sent through moderation? I tried to start a new thread this morning, got a message about it being moderated...and then nothing. Seems kind of strange?
kestrel

Post by kestrel »

Well, one article was accepted so far. Not the first one of the bunch, either. The other 2 are still under review.
fannekahn

Post by fannekahn »

[quote} I am paranoid about rejection.[/quote]
Most of us are paranoid about rejections. I submitted an article late last week and was constantly visiting C-C to look at notifications, to see if my article had been accepted. After what seemed a long wait it was finally accepted and I was relieved. I saw the acceptance in my e-mail account before I confirmed it at the notifications. Must say, C-C is prompt in communicating information to writers.
I guess some of us have to go through this anxious phase before we start being our natural selves. I am now careful about how I write here, the style is natural and not stiff and stilted, though.