Super THICK newbie with questions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Avie47

Super THICK newbie with questions

Post by Avie47 »

Hi, I'm Avie, and was turned on to this group via Common Ties. I tend to leap before I look, and I submitted some articles last nite and was already rejected because it said I didn't specify a category. Don't know if it's me or the dialup mode, but in trying to submit, the site disappears and then reappears with half my information on it when I try to send. (I live in a remote area and will never have high speed internet here) I will attempt to submit this article again. I am a prolific writer and try to do things the "right" way, so if I continue to do something really stupid, please let me know and I will correct it. I wrote for "Write For Cash" a few years ago and I did very well at that. As all my writing money goes to pay for animal rescue, I'm hoping Constant Content and I become a good fit. I am not really stupid, just computer illiterate.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Can you please remember to capitalize your titles per our guidelines? I can change this for you on your current submissions, but please remember this for the future. In addition, please make sure your short summaries summarize the article in a new way and aren't taken directly from your articles.

Thanks,
Ed
Avie47

capitalizing titles

Post by Avie47 »

Thanks for the comments. Like I said, I'm new at this but once I get it figured out I will no longer be a pain to you. I'm sorry for causing you grief, but in a day or two I'm hoping you won't have to tell me things again.
I got another rejection from you today and will edit it and resubmit tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help. Being a newbie, I'm excited to find you and clicking send too soon.
Avie47

titles

Post by Avie47 »

I was just reading your guidelines, and it said this:

The proper format for titles is upper and lower case letters. Example: The Power of Love [

In your note, you said to capitalize the titles... So now I'm confused.

Are the titles all in caps or just the first letter capitalized?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Capitalize properly, i.e., per our guidelines. Check the recently approved content for verification?

Thanks,
Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

Today's blog is about capitalization, too.
freelanceprowriter

Post by freelanceprowriter »

Just a tip, when you are submitting an article, don´t enter any information until you have gone through the whole category selection process. That means selecting "Articles" from the drop down menu, then waiting until the page reloads. Then select your category from the drop down menu, etc. Keep going like this until you have the subcategory that you want. Then fill in your info. That way you won´t lose it when the page reloads.
Avie47

article submission

Post by Avie47 »

Thanks all for your help. I was thinking today that when someone joins this group they should not be able to write anything for a week until they've studied everything. I finally discovered that you have to start at the top and work your way down... so that's out of the way. Only today did I figure out how to check other people's story beginnings, but I have yet to check my own... I am not really a stupid person, but whenever I join something new I'm so excited to get going that I do some really stupid things and then look ridiculous. I will learn... I used to tell my son to quit being the class clown and then the teachers won't notice what he's doing wrong. I want to get this stuff right so the powers that be will just happily ignore me...I won an award from the NYS Associated Press for my newspaper column... I'd better master this or go into a nursing home.
Ed

Post by Ed »

We understand there is a learning curve. No worries. Just do your best. You can learn a lot just by reading the forum posts, looking at the blog content, wandering around the article area, and reading the FAQ. However, there is a lot to know, so everyone makes mistakes. Making them is a part of the process.

And . . . I can sympathize with your dial-up connection!

Ed