Reviews

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SamuelRichards

Reviews

Post by SamuelRichards »

Hey,

I has a question about CC's choice to stop taking POV articles. I've always thought the point of a review, whether it be movie, game, music, or something else, was to give the reader your opinion of something. The reader uses that opinion to help make a decision about whether a product interests them or not. Second from that, I find it a little difficult to write a review without using my opinion, and it's difficult to portray my opinion without using first person. If anyone can shed some light on this, i'd greatly appreciate it.

S.R.
evaku

Re: Reviews

Post by evaku »

I agree, I find it hard to write a review without using my own POV too. I wrote one the other day on some films and got rejected because and "I" had slipped in there! I cringed when I saw the editorial note. I know the guidelines and everything. I was just blind to it when I read it over I guess! I haven't even bothered resubmitting it (yet, anyway), because I just want the editor to forget I'd done that, hahaha.

As for why they don't allow it... I think this page does a pretty good job at explaining it.

http://www.constant-content.com/blog/20 ... arratives/

I don't have a problem with not using personal accounts. I had even read that page a long time ago, and yet an "I" STILL slipped in there! I think I'm going to stay away from reviews for a while!
SamuelRichards

Post by SamuelRichards »

Yeah, I read the reasons they have for it. I know it's my choice to be a writer with CC, and by doing so I abide by their rules. I just don't believe the rule should apply to reviews. The reader does care, when reading a review, who 'I' is. I guess I just wanted to vent for a sec about it.

S.R.
johnlappin

Post by johnlappin »

Decided against this post, sorry.