My article's status has been on "waiting" for over 11 days

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

iamyownboss

My article's status has been on "waiting" for over 11 days

Post by iamyownboss »

Hi everyone!
I've been writing on CC for under 2 months now and have liked my experience so far, though I keep coming up with questions now and then, and find the wait in getting answers a bit frustrating. I found a thread a from a while ago about someone's article being stuck with a "waiting" status for many days with no eventual sale. My understanding is that one of 2 things can happen - the customer's e-check on paypal is waiting to be cleared, or the customer has abandoned the sale and the article is stuck in his shopping cart. I've had 2 articles that I wrote for a public request from the same customer and both have been "waiting" for 11 or 12 days :( I contacted support after a week but didn't hear back from them. Has anyone had this happen to them in the last 6 months or so? Has the status "waiting" been changed to be clearer now? I don't know what to do. Because of this status, my articles can't be viewed by anyone else. I have no idea how long an e-check can take to clear. Should I wait longer, or contact support again. Can they tell if an e-check has been paid or if the articles have been abandoned in a shopping cart?
Help!!
Regards,
iamyownboss
jak

Re: My article's status has been on "waiting" for over 11 days

Post by jak »

I should contact support again. You email might have arrived at a particularly busy time and been forgotten. They are usually pretty good about taking pieces out of waiting when they are asked. Check the status again before you send though.
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Thanks Jak!
I'll do that. It's disappointing though - I thought I was going to get 2 sales. :(
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

In the last few months I've had 2 in "waiting" that were then no longer waiting but not sold either. Bummer.

Also for some reason I haven't sold a single thing in about a month. That is odd for me, and dissapointing.
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Support found that my 2 articles were abandoned in the client's shopping cart, so they released them to the general pool. I too have found that sales have been low in the last month. Some I've written to public requests haven't even been looked at, and some requests have been closed suddenly even though the clients didn't buy any within their topic. I'm wondering how many of those requests are really genuine.