Current Review Times?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

stormypoet

Current Review Times?

Post by stormypoet »

Hi,

I was wondering what the current review time is for new article submissions. I have had an article in 'Review' status for over a week now. I have submitted articles in the past and have never had an article be under review this long. Input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Courtney

Re: Current Review Times?

Post by Courtney »

The same with me. I've had a number of articles in review for over a week. I have had it take over a week before sometimes. It depends how busy those editors are. I guess they are extremely busy now! It is vacation time.
JennaP

Post by JennaP »

My personal big concern is an article I have posted for a public request due Tuesday...and it's now Labor Day weekend...has anyone else lost a request possibility because the editors didn't have time to review? (If it was just a random article, I wouldn't be worried, I'm patient, although I admit I haven't submitted anything else in part because of the backlog).
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Not submitting due to the backlog is not going to help get your articles approved. Just get them in the line and eventually they will be approved. We've become too "want it NOW" I think.
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

We "want it now" because some of us are trying to make a livelihood out of what we love to do.

I submitted 2 articles Aug. 29 & 30 for a public request with a deadline of Aug. 30. There they still sit under review. The deadline is past.

:oops: :twisted:
JennaP

Post by JennaP »

To be blunt, if they can't get stuff for requests reviewed by the deadline, then that is not just bad for us as writers, it is bad for Constant Content as a site...because clients are *going* to go elsewhere. I sent something in for a request that was not getting many articles, a week in advance of the deadline. It was not reviewed in time. That means the client may not have got what he wanted.

That is bad for all of us. Thus, I'm slowing down submissions in the hope that will give them time to catch up and then that will stop happening to writers and clients.
ThatWordChick

Post by ThatWordChick »

I am also disappointed in the lack of expediency with the review process here. I find it troubling that I can conceivably sell a piece here and have the end client take it and use it for up to a full month before I ever personally see a dime, but getting a 700 word article glanced over within a week seems to be an impossibility.

I'm sure there are editors very hard at work behind the scenes, but I feel a similar frustration to other posters in this thread - I penned up a piece for a public request and my hard work is just sitting in limbo, of no use to me or the client at this point. With requests, the subject matter is usually fairly specialized, making the possibility of selling the piece on its own unlikely. When deadlines whoosh by and writers are left in the dark about editing times, we're essentially putting in a lot of hard work into something we may never make a dime on.

CC, it'd be nice to hear you guys weigh in on this. Other large writing sites I'm on have a strong presence on their own forums, and you should as well. What's going on with the long queues for editing?
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

Hey, CC, are you hiring any part-time editors? If so, I'd like to apply! :P