Submitting Private Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JoyRCalderwood

Submitting Private Request

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I have my first private request.

When I'm done do I still submit it for editing the same way as other articles i.e. not send it back to the requester?

Does CC still take 35% of private requests? Unfortunately, that's a lot as my $100 project would then go to $65.
Lynnemac

Re: Submitting Private Request

Post by Lynnemac »

Private requests are submitted for editing in the usual way. You just pick "private request" from the drop down list. Another drop down list will then appear listing your private requests. You can then select the appropriate request.

Yes, you will receive 65% of the price paid for your article in the usual way.

Hope this helps,
Lynne
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

what do you think about giving a draft to the client by private email before putting it through the editors just to make sure you're on the right track?
jak

Post by jak »

That would not be sensible. If you've already sent the article to the customer, why should s/he pay CC for it. He's got it for free from you. i suspect it would be severely frowned on by CC. If the customer wants something changed he doesn't have to buy it, but can ask you to make changes and resubmit. I had one private request customer who bought a series of short articles in one document, but messaged me to ask for one to be redone free of charge. Since I had to charge him $7, he agreed to pay that and be charged that amount less than we had previously agreed for the next one.
Lynnemac

Post by Lynnemac »

My understanding is that exchanging personal email details breaches CC's terms and conditions:

"H. Termination
Termination by Constant-Content - Constant-Content may terminate the membership of a Member at any time on Notice of five (5) business days, or at any time, without Notice, in the event of:
...conduct on the part of the Member that seeks to circumvent the Constant-Content system by exchanging personal contact information."

I would strongly recommend submitting in the usual way and re-submitting if the client wants changes. I have followed this procedure in the past with no problem.

I would suggest that communication with customers should be via the CC messaging system, rather than personal email, to keep yourself right.

Lx
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

Lynn what you posted is different than what I was referring to. That is referring to giving them your private email address and trying to work outside of CC.

I am using the CC system of communication. What I meant was cutting and pasting sections into the CC email reply system to make sure you are on track with the customer's expectations. I am doing a series of website blurbs.

I see jak thinks just submit it when done without verifying anything.
Lynnemac

Post by Lynnemac »

Sorry, I misinterpreted "private email".

If you are concerned about being on track, why not submit a short sample for approval using the submission process?

Lx