Confused about requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

raywinters

Confused about requests

Post by raywinters »

I read a recent public request asking for first person narrations. The customer wanted 5. So I dutifully wrote 5. However, I am now getting the sense that she wanted 5 total from a number of different people. Is that how it works?

Also, they approved one of my narrations for her a couple days ago and sent it along. It has received no "hits" let alone "sales." Does this mean that the customer they sent it to has not even looked at it? If she doesn't look at it by tomorrow, it goes back into the general pool.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Confused about requests

Post by Celeste Stewart »

The requests go out to everyone, so there's no obligation to write ALL topics. You can if you want, but do it with the understanding that the request is open to the whole membership and other writers will also be writing articles for those requests.

If the article hasn't received any hits, then she probably hasn't seen it yet. Could be busy, could be planning on looking at it in a few days, and so on. Even if it goes into the general pool, the original requester will be able to look at it at her leisure (if someone else doesn't buy it first - that's the risk she takes for not acting while she has exclusive access).
raywinters

Post by raywinters »

Thanks, Celeste. Also, I read your book. Helpful, practical, whatever. Keep it up.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Thanks, that's nice to know.