Sending link to existing article to customer

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JD

Sending link to existing article to customer

Post by JD »

Hi

Does anyone know whether when you send a customer a link to an existing article in your portfolio the article is "removed" until the customer decides whether to buy or not? For example, say a customer posts a public request and you have a suitable article, if you send him a link to it, via the facility that exists in the messaging system, does the article automatically get taken out of your portfolio in much the same way that an article remains "exclusive" when it's submitted for a public request? I was always under the impression that it didn't. However, I'm asking this because I have sent an article for consideration to a customer and now I can't see it in my portfolio. I can see it in "My Content" and it's showing as "view," so there's no question of the customer having placed it in his cart for purchase - yet!

Many thanks,

Jane
Celeste Stewart

Re: Sending link to existing article to customer

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes, it makes it exclusive for three days just like a public request :( The solution is to copy and paste the URL and send the URL to the customer via the messaging system. I don't think it's right for an existing article to become hidden to all other customers in this situation, so I tend to do the copy and paste trick when I have a good match unless it's an older article.
JD

Re: Sending link to existing article to customer

Post by JD »

Many thanks, Celeste. Yes, I did copy and paste the URL but then I thought I would make it even easier for the customer and sent the link via the messaging system in the request section! I will think twice about doing that next time. I think the customer's serious about buying though (we had an exchange beforehand).

Thanks again,

Jane