What is the highest amount an article has sold for on CC?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jeffb

What is the highest amount an article has sold for on CC?

Post by jeffb »

Just curious about how high is too high. Has anyone ever sold an article here on CC for $250 or better? I have seen a few submissions here and there for roughly that amount.
Nessiee

Re: What is the highest amount an article has sold for on CC?

Post by Nessiee »

Not sure what the highest has sold for, but from personal experience, my highest has been $150.
AmyT

Post by AmyT »

Personal highest is $100 but recently there was a $1,000+ price tag on an article. Found out later, however, that this was the payment for a collection of articles. :)

I try using the recommended prices that can be found when you submit an article. Generallly good articles.

Amy
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Yes - 250 for a public request. 3000 words.
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

I sold one for $500 for a private request, but it was a beast of an article.

If you're pricing all of your articles at $250, you'll have to wait quite a while before a sale - obviously, there are less buyers looking for articles priced $250+ and more buyers looking in the $20-40 range. So by all means, write a few $250 articles, but round out your collection with articles with a lower price tag - you'll probably earn more money that way.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

The highest amount I've sold a single article for is $200. I've worked on large private requests and received dramatically more in a single transaction, but those larger amounts are usually for bigger projects like training manuals, complete websites, and collections of articles, product descriptions, etc.