One more doubt: please help!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mathewf4rr3l

One more doubt: please help!

Post by mathewf4rr3l »

If my article in not up to the standards, will the editors request modifications?

or

It will be rejected at the first time itself?

I have submitted one article and expecting result. Will they give me suggestions for modification?

Thanks in advance.

mathewf4rr3l
jadedragon

Re: One more doubt: please help!

Post by jadedragon »

If your article contains errors it will be sent back for revisions with stated (maybe vague) reasons. It takes some practice to get the hang of self editing, so just try and continue to improve.
mathewf4rr3l

Post by mathewf4rr3l »

thanks a lot jade
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

usually some small hint is given as to your error. I understand, however, that the editor stops at the first error, which will mean he hasn't checked the entire article.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Joy is correct that often Ed stops at the first error. If you get a reject, carefully proofread for errors (noted and otherwise) then resubmit.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If your error is in the last paragraph, you're probably good LOL! Also, look at the context of the message. If the message says, "Wrong font" chances are good that the article was not looked at beyond the initial opening of the document. On the other hand, if the message is specific along the lines of, "Article has comma issues throughout and lacks a cohesive conclusion" then you can surmise that it was read completely and those two issues are the main reasons for the rejections. As you re-do it, do another round of proofreading as you never know what you - or the CC editor - might have missed on the first round. There are no guarantees that if you fix the comma errors and add a cohesive conclusion that another error might not get noticed on the second pass.