Have payments changed?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

candicep

Have payments changed?

Post by candicep »

Hi,

I usually receive my CC payment on the first or second day of the month, but haven't received mine for April as of today. I noticed in the FAQ that payments will now be made during the first week of the month, so does this mean it could be any day within the first five business days, or are authors set to be paid on certain days now?

Thanks!
Candicep
Debbi

Re: Have payments changed?

Post by Debbi »

From what I've seen, we get paid the first or second business day of the month, so probably today or tomorrow. Also, did you know you can get paid twice a month? Just go to your Edit Account tab and choose "semi-monthly".
candicep

Post by candicep »

thanks Debbi....I did not know about the twice a month payments. Might do that so I won't be waiting so long for all payments to come in.
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Got paid today...my first payment :D

Sadly, it was overshadowed slightly by PayPal swindling me with their pitiful exchange rates! I may have to move to the US lol. Stupid weak GBP.
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

I feel your pain! Right now the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American, so I lose money :( Why can't the CAN dollar be worth 60 cents US, like back in the good ol' days?
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

I know it's me, I'm not typically good at these things . . . but if the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar, wouldn't that be good for you if you're in Canada? :?
AmyT

Post by AmyT »

I got paid today by CC, FYI. Nice! First payment!

Amy
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

4rumid, a higher CAN dollar is great for people who cross the border to go shopping - they get more bang for their buck! One CAN dollar buys $1.03 US dollars. But since we get paid in US dollars, I lose money. Back when the CAN dollar was worth less than the US dollar, I ended up getting paid more money for doing absolutely nothing. So if the CAN dollar was worth 70 cents US, I would make an extra 30 cents for every US dollar I made on CC. That's an extra $30 on $100. Believe me, no one's praying more for a US recovery than me!

And AmyT, great user name :wink:
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

That first payment is special because you realize that CC is for real and the possibilites are indeed presenting themselves :)
Celeste Stewart

Hmmn, some of you got paid for the beginning of May, but I'm still waiting :(
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hey Celeste-
We were just waiting for some payments to come through for you. It has been sent!
Celeste Stewart

Thanks!