Articles moved from a private request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dmgray

Articles moved from a private request

Post by dmgray »

I moved 9 articles from a private request that were stuck in limbo. I simply edited each article and changed the category from "private request" to an actual category. I assumed this would now make them publicly viewable. I did this about 3 days ago and so far none of the articles have any views. They all have relevant keywords and my other public articles normally have a good view count.

Are the articles still removed form public view? Does anyone have any idea why they are not being viewed (fairly sure it is not the keywords)?

Please help!
Last edited by dmgray on Sat May 01, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbi

Re: Articles moved form a private request

Post by Debbi »

Do the articles show up on your profile page?
dmgray

Re: Articles moved from a private request

Post by dmgray »

I just checked. Yes they do.

Just seems a bit odd that there has been no views...I know some articles can be slow but not his slow and 9 articles not having views is too much to be a sheer coincedence. Hmmm.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

A lot of it depends on how long ago the articles were written. The older the article, the fewer views it will get. For instance, one of my articles sat for a long time in review, so by the time it finally appeared on the site, it was way back on the sixth page within the category that I had listed it under. It sat with only one view for months - and that view was myself, making sure the article appeared correctly. I had added lots of keywords, but it wasn't really a "popular" subject, so I had to wait for the right someone to come along and make the right search.

What did I learn from that experience? For older articles to be seen, keywords are usually your only option. Now, if your keywords are popular, it's a safe bet to say there are lots of other articles that showing up in the search before yours. Have you tried searching for some of your keywords to see where your articles appear in the search listings? It could just be that the articles sat for so long in limbo that your articles now appears several pages back in the keyword searches. You may rank higher for more "rare" keywords, but those keywords are probably searched less often, so it'll take longer for someone to find you using those other words.

Hopefully that made some sense. I'm having a hard time trying to explain myself here lol...
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Yes, that made perfect sense, thanks. That could explain it - The articles did sit gathering dust in a private request for 2 weeks . I am going to try to add a few new keywords and see if it makes any difference. I was just worried that they may not have come out of the private request. Guess I will have to wait patiently for that "right" person. Cheers Nessie.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, you just changed them yesterday, right? Give it time. . .