Original content

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AngiePapple

Original content

Post by AngiePapple »

I had an article rejected, and it said that C-C only accepts original content. Is this new? I couldn't find it in the guidelines, so I thought I'd stop by here and ask.

I've submitted articles I've had published elsewhere, and they've gone through no problem... so have they changed the rules and I missed the boat?

Thanks for any help -

Angie
Nessiee

Re: Original content

Post by Nessiee »

Were you trying to submit it with prices marked in the unique or full rights licence areas? That would be a problem if your article appears other places. Previously published articles can only be submitted for usage.

The only other thing I can think of is that the original article wasn't easily attributed to you. Either your real name or your CC pen name should be credited to any previously published articles that you are trying to submit.

Perhaps some other forum members can pop in here if they can think of anything else.
Ed

Re: Original content

Post by Ed »

From Our FAQ:
I submitted an article to sell for usage rights only. My articles was rejected for originality, but I am the original author of the content.
We can only accept articles that are able to be verified as original to the author. If you choose to submit content published elsewhere by you, please submit articles that are clearly credited to you with your name or the pen name you use on Constant Content. Articles that cannot be verified as original to the author cannot be accepted. If there is no name on the original publication, if the article is credited with a name that does not match your given or chosen name, or if the author's name is not easily located on the page of original publication, the article will be rejected. Do not include location of previous publication anywhere in your submission. Please note: When you submit an article that has been published elsewhere, you may ask usage rights ONLY for the article.