Disappearing sale?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AngiePapple

Disappearing sale?

Post by AngiePapple »

If customers have chosen to buy your work, they can return it? My account credited me for two sales and last night, and it showed that the articles were sold; however, I got up this morning and my balance was zero and it said 0 downloads on the articles.

I'm just a little confused... if they do that after having downloaded it, what's to stop them from using it anyway? Does that happen frequently?
CieleEdward

Re: Disappearing sale?

Post by CieleEdward »

To my understanding, buyers have an amount of time that they can request a refund. However, we seem to be having something of a payment glitch right now. It is possible that your sales were not returned but that the system "reset" somehow. I have no idea what is going on. Other authors are getting emails about articles that have sold but no payment info is appearing in our Account Status page. So just hang in there. Once they get it straightened out we'll all be much cleared on where we stand with our article sales up to this point.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Also, sometimes an order goes through only to turn out that someone was using a stolen credit card or some other concern thus, CC cancels the order.
CieleEdward

Post by CieleEdward »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Also, sometimes an order goes through only to turn out that someone was using a stolen credit card or some other concern thus, CC cancels the order.
Wow. How often does this sort of thing happen?
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Just a quick heads up that we did indeed have a case of people using stolen paypal accounts to attempt purchases on the site last night 2010-03-06/07. As a consequence, some sales that had notifications sent out will not be visible in your account. I will be getting in touch with each affected person through out the day to notify them.

If you have any questions please direct them to me at support@constant-content.com

Thanks,
-jrichards
Support
Constant-Content
AngiePapple

Post by AngiePapple »

jrichards wrote:Just a quick heads up that we did indeed have a case of people using stolen paypal accounts to attempt purchases on the site last night 2010-03-06/07. As a consequence, some sales that had notifications sent out will not be visible in your account. I will be getting in touch with each affected person through out the day to notify them.
Oh man, that sucks. Identity thieves even buy content. :shock: Oh well - they'll sell again... to a real person! :D

Thanks for all the help!
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

How disappointing!! I thought I had a sale today on a spec article that was only up for two days. (A first for me.) But this thread explains what happened. I was jumping up and down over a sale that doesn't even count. Happened to me once with a photograph at a microstock site. Infuriating.

Also, to echo Angie, what's to stop the thieves from using the articles anyway? I assume they were able to download them.
AngiePapple

Post by AngiePapple »

I didn't get contacted by CC today saying mine were among the fraudulently purchased ones...

...so does that mean someone bought it, didn't like it after all and returned it?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Angie, if it makes you feel better, I doubt it's a return. Still sucky either way though.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

I haven't been contacted yet either.

Definitely sucky.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Sorry, I haven't been able to send out the notices as of yet. I am in the process of getting them together, but it will probably now be Monday befor they go out.

-jrichards
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

J- Just so you know, I meant the non-sales were sucky, not the fact that not everyone's been contacted about them yet.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

jrichards you work too hard (I see when you post!) I feel like no one wants to even steal my content sometimes. :evil:
AngiePapple

Post by AngiePapple »

jrichards wrote:Sorry, I haven't been able to send out the notices as of yet. I am in the process of getting them together, but it will probably now be Monday befor they go out.

-jrichards
No no no!!! Take your time. Don't worry about it. I was just checkin'! It does appear you work too hard... at almost 11 p.m. on a Sunday night?! :o

Really... no rush at all. :D

Angie
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

One of my sales have been cancelled as well.
Hmm.