Recently Added Content

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Goalsethigh

Recently Added Content

Post by Goalsethigh »

Hello All,
I'm wondering about the recently added content on the home page. It seems like sometimes my approved article lands there and sometimes it doesn't. What's up with that?
Thanks,
April
Celeste Stewart

Re: Recently Added Content

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
I think it depends on which category the article is in and whether your article is the most recent one added for that category. For example, if you just had an article approved in the business category and no one else has recently had one approved for that category, then yours will appear there. On the other hand, if Ed approves a series of business articles by a bunch of different writers, only the most current approval for that category will show up in that category.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

It would be nice if only the linked titles (not the summaries) appeared on the Recently Added page so more titles could be showecased, like the last three or four in a category. Often the title is enough to spark the interest of the customer to click on it for a closer look.
Goalsethigh

Post by Goalsethigh »

I don't know, Celeste. My most recent article was on a tax deduction and I didn't see any others on personal finance. I'm not fussing, I'm just trying to figure out the system.

Debbie, that is a good idea.
Celeste Stewart

I think I know what it is. Finance is a sub-category of Business, so your article is competing with all other business categories for the most recent article submitted. I clicked on Finance and yours is listed #3. Two other finance articles must've been approved since yours - plus several other business articles.
Celeste Stewart

Also, customers see a different view of most recent articles when they sign into their accounts. . .
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

You're right, Celeste. I accidentally made a customer account when I joined CC so I just logged into it to see what's on my sign-in page. It lists the articles by title only but only six titles show up since a lot of space is taken up by the pricing column.

Also that awful (Best Offer) is there right after the title.

Support, can you please remove the (Best Offer) in the titles in the customer pages like you did on the pages the authors see? For all the reasons we begged for that change before.
ecdoran

Post by ecdoran »

Debbi wrote: Support, can you please remove the (Best Offer) in the titles in the customer pages like you did on the pages the authors see? For all the reasons we begged for that change before.
I'm sorry, I'm too new to know the previous history and couldn't find the posts about it after a quick search. Why was the best offer tag asked to be removed? It seems to me that if an author added 'best offer' then they would want to the customers to know they can make an offer...
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

ecdoran

Post by ecdoran »

Debbi wrote:Here's the original thread:

http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... 22&t=14976
Thank you so much for giving me the link! You saved me a lot of confusion. I was thinking that you didn't want customers to be able to see they could make an offer at all, which doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense :) But more subtle and less "SALE!" is always good.

Thanks, again!
Goalsethigh

Post by Goalsethigh »

Thanks for the good insight everyone.