Finding sold articles online

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Angela Epps

Finding sold articles online

Post by Angela Epps »

Hello,
I would first like to say that I appreciate everyone's help in this forum. I just have one more question. (Until I think of another one anyway :D )

I have sold a couple articles now and when I check under licenses for your content it just says 'online community' or tells that it will be using the article for a different website.

I was wondering how do I find out where my article is so I can link it to my portfolio :?:

Thank you all so much for your time!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I don't think CC wants you to know who is buying your article. They don't want you going out and contacting the client on the side. You can always do a search for it in the search engines. Beats me.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

If you have a byline on the article, chances are if you search on Google, you can find your article rather quickly. Most of the bigger sites that are purchasing articles here at CC will be indexed quickly, and you can find your work easily.
scribbles

Post by scribbles »

If you have a copy of the original article on your computer, you could choose a phrase of 4-5 words that you believe would be unique to your work and do a Google search for them. More often than not, you'll find the article that way.

If you're going to link to the article from your portfolio, do get in touch with the owner first. Remember that you've sold this work and they can refuse to have it linked to. Asking politely usually yields a positive response, though.

~Sharon
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We have no problem with you knowing who purchased your article. What we have a problem with is you contacting the customers if you have a problem or just want to bypass CC.

As for finding articles the above posts are correct, you can also run it through CopyScape.com.

Thanks
scribbles

Post by scribbles »

Are you saying that we shouldn't contact them to ask if we can link to the article?

~Sharon
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Hi Sharon -

You don't need permission to link to your own articles. You actually don't need permission to link to anything on the internet. We mainly don’t want writers contacting clients with issues or problems, we like to take care of this for you.

Thank you
scribbles

Post by scribbles »

Okidoke. That's fine by me.

To be honest, once an article's sold and paid for, I can't imagine what kind of issues or problems might arise. I'd certainly content the admin here first, anyway.

~Sharon
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

scribbles wrote:To be honest, once an article's sold and paid for, I can't imagine what kind of issues or problems might arise.
Well, with the new options of what types of rights your buying with the article here at CC, the most common problem I'd see arising would be when a client would use the article inproperly in regards to the license they bought for it.
lorien1973

Post by lorien1973 »

Are you saying that we shouldn't contact them to ask if we can link to the article?
As someone who buys lots of articles from this site, I wouldn't have a problem at all with an author who wanted to link to articles that I've put online to show off their work to other clients. As long as the article itself is kept unique (assuming full rights or unique usage), of course.