Criteria for accepted articles

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tezri

Criteria for accepted articles

Post by tezri »

Just curious as to what percentage of articles submitted are accepted/if they go through any quality check before they're put on the website for sale.
malward

Post by malward »

When I submit to CC, I use the same method of proofreading that I use for all other venues. Be sure that spelling and grammar are correct. Don't leave red and green lines in your article. This is very unprofessional. Be sure to copy and paste a nice long summary into the long summary box. No one is going to steal half of an article and you want your summary to be a nice reflection of your work. I usually copy and paste one third of the content into the long summary box so the purchaser can see exactly what he/she is buying.

Use your discretion, but submit the same professional articles to CC as you would to any other website or print publication. When someone uses work with your name on it, you want it to reflect your professionalism. You don't want work online with your name on it that is full of mistakes.

Don't use full caps in the title. This is no longer vogue and looks like you are shouting. Though some articles sell that have a title in full caps, it looks much better if the are in regular caps, using capitals for the important words and small letters for the rest. Eg. The Art of Love.

Chose a category. Say your article is a travel article for Argentina. I don't believe there is a Argentina category. So, you would chose Travel and then as a subcategory, suggest Argentina. Chris will then use his descretion whether this category needs to be added.

Give an acurate word count. Don't say the article contains 750 words if it is only 250.

I think that is about it. There's probably something I've forgotten, but this is a nice overview. Above all, be professional and you will find that more of your articles sell.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, please post them here. If I can help, I would be glad to.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

The percentages are pretty high.... We only reject articles that include one of the following:

Self promotion - If an article is written to promote a website or product.

Plagiarism - We run each article through an extensive plagiarism check, to make sure pieces have not been stolen from other articles.

Spelling and grammar - If there are many of these, the article will be rejected as well.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Well said malward.... could not have said it better.
malward

Post by malward »

Thank you, Chris. I'm glad I could help. :)
malward

Post by malward »

I knew there was something I forgot. Be sure your article is properly formatted. The proper formatting for web articles is single space with a double space between each paragraph. NO indentations. All articles should be flush to the left margin, except the title, which should be centered. Hope this helps. If I think of others, I will post them here.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

You should also pay attention to how a particular client wants the article format. When no specifications are given, format it as malward said, otherwise, follow the specifications of the client completely.
malward

Post by malward »

That's a great point. Thanks for adding it.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

malward wrote:That's a great point. Thanks for adding it.
No problem. It's just something I picked up working for various clients.